Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone order a S or X a couple days before pre-orders were taken so we can get a reference point on where this ID was prior to the model 3 taking reservations? Looks as though they probably mixed all models into this number, but I'm curious where the model 3 line started in this sequence.

I reserved a 3 around noon Mountain time on 3/31/2016 and have a value of 392XXX. I ordered an S on 4/09/2016 and it has a lower value of 377XXX even though it was placed 9 days later. FWIW, my X reservation from 4/30/2015 is 218XXX.

So...I can conclude that they are 6 digit numbers, but they are not in order by date the order/reservation was placed.

Same. You beat me in line by a few. ;) Where are people getting their reservation times?

On 'My Tesla' page rigth click. Select 'View page source'. Scroll down until you see this:

<input class="ConfigId" type="hidden" name="common_config_id" value="" />
<input class="Region" type="hidden" name="common_region" value="NA" />
<input class="Uid" type="hidden" name="common_uid" value="98139844" />
<input class="ReservationId" type="hidden" name="common_reservation_id" value= XXXXXX

Reactions: sunrocket
I highly doubt this corresponds to delivery sequence. This is more likely just the order that your tesla was placed. It may very well still have 20,000+ duplicates and cancelled orders not removed from this sequencing. I'm pretty darn sure this count doesn't factor in the employee or current owner status.

It could very well be a global, sequence number. For deliveries, however, they probably do a ranking based on country, or "common_region" (which is EU in my case)