Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more data point, for what it is worth. 507xx UK order on 1st April at midday UK time, single car non tesla owner. (I grabbed this before the data was hidden). I make this order time something like 04.00 1st April in California time.

trips is completely wrong. There are a lot of 370-383s in the north east region. His list is completely not valid.
He's also wrong about the roll-out process of new Model 3's. He states that non-owners in each time zone, starting from PST, will get their cars before owners in the next time zone eastward. There's absolutely no way this is going to happen. EM already said that owners will get their cars before non-owners, with the exception of employees, and while also taking into account the level of options chosen. A non-employee non-owner in Oregon is definitely not getting a Model 3 before an existing Tesla owner in Virginia if both are ordering the same level of options.

• Disagree
Reactions: melindav
Loaded versus non-loaded - within each regional group, presumably owners w fully optioned get theirs before owners with base models. Then fully-optioned non-owners followed by base model owners. Rinse and repeat around the globe.
Wasn't that way with the X. Some P90D orders on East Coast (non-Sig) were fulfilled before most of the 90D orders in California, and were fulfilled before all of the 70D/75D orders in California. I expect something similar will happen with Model 3.

If you are a non-owner on the East Coast getting a loaded Model 3 with the Performance option (and larger battery pack) as well as other goodies, I wouldn't be surprised if you got your car before base models are shipped to existing owners in California, maybe even before base models go to employees.

Of course, they could do things differently with the Model 3, but AFAIK, no one has gotten a "base model" Model X yet, and P90D and 90D versions have been shipping all over the place for a few months.

• Informative
Reactions: garsh
trips is completely wrong. There are a lot of 370-383s in the north east region. His list is completely not valid.

I took that into account. I only listed the starting numbers.

The first order was 370 with the last being 412. I then used the 191 responses in that group to figure a very rough percentage of how many were in each region. In the East I came up with 15,540 based on 37% of the 191 responses.

He's also wrong about the roll-out process of new Model 3's. He states that non-owners in each time zone, starting from PST, will get their cars before owners in the next time zone eastward. ...

I agree, I added in ALL current owners "Current Owners: 6,000 (6% of 100k)" This was based on 100,000 US current owners and 6% that was stated as the number of those that ordered. That percentage could go up as I do not think there is any rush.

If you look at the source code now, there is this entry:

<input type="hidden" name="acceptDelivery-uid" value="9xxxx514" />

If you reverse the numbers, my sequence 415xxx corresponds exactly to the common reservation id sequence you guys have reported for the time I placed the order. Unfortunately I saw this thread too late and wasn't able to write my own common reservation ID.

Those of you who were able to write this down, can you check if the acceptDelivery-uid number that is there now corresponds to the id you have in any way?

If you look at the source code now, there is this entry:

<input type="hidden" name="acceptDelivery-uid" value="9xxxx514" />

If you reverse the numbers, my sequence 415xxx corresponds exactly to the common reservation id sequence you guys have reported for the time I placed the order. Unfortunately I saw this thread too late and wasn't able to write my own common reservation ID.

Those of you who were able to write this down, can you check if the acceptDelivery-uid number that is there now corresponds to the id you have in any way?
Nope, not even close. My ReservationId was 371xxx, and the value you reference -- well, let's just say there's no "7" in it.

image.jpeg
And if you squint and look at it just right, you'll see the crouching lion.
Robin

Using data from this news article, here's a graph:

ReservationID.png

When just looking at the first day, an interesting pattern emerges:

ReservationID2.png

So, my guess is that the counter starts at 350,000. The first 15,000 are reserved for Tesla employees. In-store purchases started at 365,000, counting up by 45,000. On-line ordering started at about 410,000.

Last edited:

View attachment 180181

When just looking at the first day, an interesting pattern emerges:

View attachment 180182

So, my guess is that the counter starts at 350,000. The first 15,000 are reserved for Tesla employees. In-store purchases started at 365,000, counting up by 45,000. On-line ordering started at about 410,000.
The ones outside the norm that you marked as Out-of-US in-store might be the people that ordered 2 and had numbers around 500xxx.

A thought, if one reserves two cars, they likely get a different queue number for each car in the database. I would therefore assume that first number is low and the second number is high. Maybe it's that high number that displayed on the webpage. The results of query of a database depend on the requested sort order...

I've also got one that is outside of the norm. I ordered in the store at 10:30AM EST, and my number is 592,xxx. I'm not sure why it is so far off of what I'd expect it to be when compared to others in the same time zone that ordered at about the same time. It did take a couple of days for me to get my email and for the payment to get taken from my account - that might have something to do with it.

On the other hand, my "My Tesla" page has the correct reservation date (3/31) and it does say that we'll be asked to configure based on the reservation date - so, I'm not too worried at this point.

Roll out process according to his tweets:
Packages do not determine how fast you get your car. If you order a L version you will wait in line like everyone else.
You might get your car early in the batch of roll outs if your order is in that batch. If not, you will wait.
Telsa employees first
SpaceX second

West Coast tesla owners who ordered in store 3/31 before unveil.
Followed by same criteria N, S, E regions. (5% of orders are these types so not many)

This will end the Tesla owners pre unveil at 10:59pm.
Most of these orders are on the West coast anyways.

Then non owners will get their cars in batches of 10k to each region starting with West Coast in order of their times pre unveil.
This cycle will continue in batches of 10k or 5k and continue to go around each region.
I believe after all pre unveil orders are fulfilled this way they then go to Canada for one pre unveil order batch.
Not sure about other countries.
Then-post unveil orders will be fulfilled.

This is the info I have gathered on many tweets and boards.

Then non owners will get their cars in batches of 10k to each region starting with West Coast in order of their times pre unveil.
This cycle will continue in batches of 10k or 5k and continue to go around each region.
I believe after all pre unveil orders are fulfilled this way they then go to Canada for one pre unveil order batch.
Not sure about other countries.
Then-post unveil orders will be fulfilled.

This is the info I have gathered on many tweets and boards.

Interesting detail that I hadn't seen before. Just to be clear, is this speculation or has this process been articulated by Tesla itself?

The data has mistakes in it which makes it less accurate than it could be. For example, I thought it'd be a good idea to EST, but should have used EDT. I see that the other data sets have the same problem due to not properly converting timezones. Added to that is that there was no transaction time recorded in the confirmation email, so everyone had to go by memory - at least for the online reservations..

I've also got one that is outside of the norm. I ordered in the store at 10:30AM EST, and my number is 592,xxx. I'm not sure why it is so far off of what I'd expect it to be when compared to others in the same time zone that ordered at about the same time. It did take a couple of days for me to get my email and for the payment to get taken from my account - that might have something to do with it.

On the other hand, my "My Tesla" page has the correct reservation date (3/31) and it does say that we'll be asked to configure based on the reservation date - so, I'm not too worried at this point.
Confirmation email time and payment type are not important. Multiple orders have tended to get a higher number, however.