Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post a picture of your facelifted Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The facelifted S is one of the few cars that looks amazing in white! Any regrets in giving up the power from the 85D? Or does the addition of the center console make up for any loss in acceleration? :)

LOL @ center console comments. Since my 85D was built pre-next-generation (current generation now!) that is another upgrade that I got. Funny how many of the things my 70D has are things like NG seats, subzero, center console -- but that the exterior changes are just the facelift, and no sunroof.

Thus far the things I miss are fairly superficial. Such as the black roof (vinyl wrap goes on Thursday to mimic). Or the lowered ride height with the air ride (even in just "low always" was nice, though I tinkered with my prior car obtaining aftermarket lower links). But really, the 70D is more than adequate, you just have to push the pedal down further to go as quick, but I still in the first 300+ miles now haven't but once or twice gone "full tilt" on the accelerator.

This was taken when collecting last week....more photos after I do the Opti-coat this coming weekend. Previous S was also grey (newer grey is darker, with a more obvious flake content - love it), but with 19's....my only regret, so I'm happy to have the 21's, maybe less so when I burn through a set of tires in a year, but we'll see :)

IMG_6869.jpg

This was taken when collecting last week....more photos after I do the Opti-coat this coming weekend. Previous S was also grey (newer grey is darker, with a more obvious flake content - love it), but with 19's....my only regret, so I'm happy to have the 21's, maybe less so when I burn through a set of tires in a year, but we'll see :)

View attachment 183200

Holy crap. That's gorgeous. That's the colour I have coming soon and I just got very excited again.

So did you wish you got the 19"s instead?

Reactions: Reekdog
A red Model S with the new nose crossed on front of me the other day in Dallas (Addison area). It was my first time to see the new nose in person and although the time I saw it was short, my initial reaction was that it looked better in "real life" on the road and less "blunt" than it does in many of the pictures. Indeed, I may have switched camps from the "old nose looks better" to the "new nose looks better". Of course, the car was red, driving into the sun and looked sweet regardless!

A red Model S with the new nose crossed on front of me the other day in Dallas (Addison area). It was my first time to see the new nose in person and although the time I saw it was short, my initial reaction was that it looked better in "real life" on the road and less "blunt" than it does in many of the pictures. Indeed, I may have switched camps from the "old nose looks better" to the "new nose looks better". Of course, the car was red, driving into the sun and looked sweet regardless!
That's good to hear! I have a new 60D finishing up at the factory now. My wife INSISTED on the red (I wanted grey). Glad to hear it looks good in the wild!

Opinions vary of course, but to me, the new nose is way better looking than the old. In fact, the nose cone is one of the reasons why I waited as long as I did to buy. I pulled the trigger the day the refresh was announced. I also liked the addition of the center console, slipstream wheels, and faster charger.

NOTE: the renderings in Tesla's design studio do not do it justice. This thread is a better source to base judgement on.

Opinions vary of course, but to me, the new nose is way better looking than the old. In fact, the nose cone is one of the reasons why I waited as long as I did to buy. I pulled the trigger the day the refresh was announced. I also liked the addition of the center console, slipstream wheels, and faster charger.

NOTE: the renderings in Tesla's design studio do not do it justice. This thread is a better source to base judgement on.

JV....looks gorgeous!
What's with the CA plates and MA location on your profile? You in transit or just can't part with the very cool plates?

JV....looks gorgeous!
What's with the CA plates and MA location on your profile? You in transit or just can't part with the very cool plates?

Good catch!
My son and I were having a little fun playing Back to the Future.
It's a fake plate (movie prop) that I took off his bedroom wall.

He slipped on his Marty McFly t-shirt, then we bolted-on the plate, fired-up the flux capacitor in the browser, used slacker to get the movie soundtrack going (voice control of course), and headed for 88MPH!

Car needs some adjustment though. I'm still here.

Good catch!
My son and I were having a little fun playing Back to the Future.
It's a fake plate (movie prop) that I took off his bedroom wall.

He slipped on his Marty McFly t-shirt, then we bolted-on the plate, fired-up the flux capacitor in the browser, used slacker to get the movie soundtrack going (voice control of course), and headed for 88MPH!

Car needs some adjustment though. I'm still here.
I was also going to point out it was on backwards but now I know why. Thats a great memory you created!
And glad you are still with us. LOL

No, I love the 21" greys. Hopelessly impractical in terms of tire wear and curb rash, but that fill the arches perfectly, and look great.

Ah, gotcha, I misread your post. The grey 21"s look amazing, love it. I bought some 20" T-Sportlines and intended to get powercoated grey to match the OEMs. My theory was I'd get halfway to the look of the turbine 21"s and keep some of the ride etc of the 19"s. Good in theory maybe! Right now I'm in two minds whether I go grey or keep as silver, your photo makes a good case for grey! Very slick.

Saw a blue one in Allen the other day. Not my cup of tea but loved finally seeing the new face and it is beautiful.

I am very torn on white or silver at this point and go for my test drive tomorrow in North Park.

with that being said, MOAR PICS EVERYONE!!!!!!! :)