Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice indeed!

When did you place your order? I placed mine a month ago today and still have no idea of a delivery date other than March 2022. Given the performance model is the least in demand, I'm sincerely hoping that Tesla's March estimate will stick. It's so frustrating though!

Enjoy it! :D
March 2023 ? Don’t think performance models are due anytime soon are they ?

Reactions: Rooster6655
Originally ordered white Y / 20’ wheels
-Changed to 19’ thinking I can add the Rimitrex (like I did with my M3)
- Have a 12th March delivery date
- Every Picture I see tells me to swap back to 20’ wheels even if it delays order…???
I share the sentiment and a bit of regret sticking to the 19's BUT have consoled given there are sets of Tesla 21's (Model S turbine for example) available on eBay for under 2k. Will get a set akin to those instead IF the 19's really bug me (meaning I get two sets of wheels of the price of the Induction wheels)

It may be too early in the morning, but I’ve no idea what you’re getting at. Sorry.

But to add to my original post, my EDD has finally changed from being just March 2022. It’s now May 03 - May 31 which ****ing sucks balls! :(
Hi. My mistake. I thought this chat was about MY's.....it certainly was when I first commented. And I think you are talking about a M3. I was just saying that MYP's aren't due anytime soon. Humble apologies

I share the sentiment and a bit of regret sticking to the 19's BUT have consoled given there are sets of Tesla 21's (Model S turbine for example) available on eBay for under 2k. Will get a set akin to those instead IF the 19's really bug me (meaning I get two sets of wheels of the price of the Induction wheels)
I’m not too clued up on wheels but these would go on the Y without any problems ?

Originally ordered white Y / 20’ wheels
-Changed to 19’ thinking I can add the Rimitrex (like I did with my M3)
- Have a 12th March delivery date
- Every Picture I see tells me to swap back to 20’ wheels even if it delays order…???

The 20" look soo much better, but i don't want to compromise day to day comfort.
I'm waiting for rimetrix to ship to europe.

These look nice tough, and keeping the 19" comfort.

e
like the look of these . Do u go for the grey or the black ??

Are these not the perfect solution u get the 19 comfort with the look of the 20s?

Always grey because I don’t understand the love for black wheels.

These wheels are not known for their efficiency because they’re heavy and potentially not very aerodynamic. There are a few threads in the main Model Y section of this forum with more info.

Just got home via the cribbs causeway supercharger. Managed to squeeze it alongside my old (and soon to be gone) car on the drive. so much more tech than I'm used to.
Need to get used to letting off the accelerator slower!
Foot to the floor was frankly terrifying on the M4.
They left some jaffa cakes in the car for me....
Could hear a small rattle from passenger door. Need to check that out. Might have just been something in the door bin.
Boot seems pretty nice sized and cabin and rear seats seems spacious compared to my A4 estate.

To be honest, if you have not been to bristol aerospace it's cool but I had been before.
Tesla didn't actually do anything exciting other than introducing some people and make us wait about a bit with a pastry and a coffee.
Quite a few people were in a hurry and once you had signed in you could just go outside and take the car.

Because our cars were all 30-50% they said if you supercharge in the first 24 hours you can claim back.
I topped up at cribbs. £14 to get to 82%. loads of spaces and 4 or 5 of the Model Y from the pickup were there chatting.

To be honest the weather really dampened it. If it had been dry I'd have wandered about and chatted to Tesla and other owners. but it was completely pissing it down and so you had to be IN the car with the door shut.

On the plus side. It looks amazing and I am very happy!
Thanks for your insight

A couple of questions if I may. The rattle in the door - did you figure out what that was? And did you get your wifi sorted?

Now you've had the car a few days - whats your overall feeling on it?

I've the M3 so I know that the Tesla ride can be a bit firm (could displace a loose filling in your tooth on some dodgy road surfaces tbh, but thats the local council, rather than the car to blame lol) but quite a few reviews are saying the MY is 'too' firm. Would love to hear people who have the MY in the UK express their unadulterated opinion. I don't mind the M3 on decent road surfaces, but I wouldn't want anything worse if you know what I mean. If the MY is firmer/harsher than the M3, then I'm not sure if a change to MY would be suitable for me and my family. I would defo go with 19s on it though, as I know that can help.

Hope you are all enjoying your new cars folks - I've been watching with interest but now that I'm seriously considering buying one, I thought I need to start posting and stop lurking!

Reactions: Zanbar