Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Your Tesla Solar Layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will. Probably not done as a new contract but as a check after PTO. That's how ours is being handled. Sucks that your utility cut your panels back. Do you have an EV that you would charge at home or getting one? I know that was one of the questions on our Interconnect application from PG&E here.
Thanks for the info on how they’re handling yours.

I won’t be pulling the trigger on my Y order until next summer at the earliest. I’m ok with the smaller system, which should cover all my current usage. The additional panels for an 8kW system would have been partially shaded by an elderly maple tree that will have to come down in a few years anyway, & 4 of them had to go onto a north facing slope anyway. 4kW fits nicely on my best south facing plane (“t” shaped roof).

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
Thanks for the info on how they’re handling yours.

I won’t be pulling the trigger on my Y order until next summer at the earliest. I’m ok with the smaller system, which should cover all my current usage. The additional panels for an 8kW system would have been partially shaded by an elderly maple tree that will have to come down in a few years anyway, & 4 of them had to go onto a north facing slope anyway. 4kW fits nicely on my best south facing plane (“t” shaped roof).
Emailed my advisor, she said the fix was simple; she requested the documents team update my docs with current pricing, and it happened. New Payment Details & Solar Purchase Disclosure/Agreement match current $8,200 pricing for 4kW. Install scheduled for day after tomorrow.

Simple is good.

Emailed my advisor, she said the fix was simple; she requested the documents team update my docs with current pricing, and it happened. New Payment Details & Solar Purchase Disclosure/Agreement match current $8,200 pricing for 4kW. Install scheduled for day after tomorrow.

Simple is good.

Man, must be nice to have a service advisor that actually responds to your emails. I have not had one email responded to. When I call it goes to voicemail. Luckily someone else was able to help me with one of my questions.

Man, must be nice to have a service advisor that actually responds to your emails. I have not had one email responded to. When I call it goes to voicemail. Luckily someone else was able to help me with one of my questions.
I can empathize. It didn’t happen right away for me, the responsiveness. Good luck with your project.

If my story can help others navigate unfamiliar waters...
I ordered in mid-June, took 2 full months before being assigned an advisor. They’re all swamped. My project died on the vine at least twice during handoffs either between Tesla’s teams - engineering (layout) or documentation (purchase agreement, submit application to power provider Xcel, & payment details), or at my power provider; throw in a delay waiting on my electrician to come available to upgrade my service before solar (this was due to my decision to go full upgrade on my electrical service after ordering & prior to solar, and really glad I did - cleaned up a real rat’s nest, house is 93 years old).

Solar project was salvaged by my dogged dialing & waiting in queues for a live person (before getting an advisor). The month long pause waiting on electrician somehow moved my application to Xcel to move into “cancelled” status. I’m retired, had the time to nurse it through...not everybody has the time or inclination. I look at it as my sweat equity contribution to getting a great product at an incredible price. Just my 2c.

• Informative
Reactions: jedmo
hmm and if you miss throttling back it would drain the PW within a few minutes and your home won't have any power (if the grid is down).. seems risky and a PITA.

We tweeted Elon about this issue last year and he immediately replied that a solution was coming.

They recently added functionality so that the car can automatically stop charging if there is a grid outage, preventing the Powerwalls from being drained.
Tesla Powerwall smarter integration with vehicle charging hinted at in API code
Vehicle Charging During Power Outage | Tesla Powerwall.

Signed for 3 PW's today.

Attachments

• Satview.JPG
    Satview.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: willow_hiller
I saw that, no way to edit my post after I figured I uploaded the wrong file by mistake. Thanks.

You have up to an hour after you make a post to be able to edit it, but if it’s been more than an hour the post isn’t editable. What you can do is click the “report” button on your own post and just put in a note that you want the document with personal information removed. A moderator will get the report and be able to update the post for you.

BTW how long did it take for you, from order to install (given date)?

Mine was a little unique given that it's a new construction house and we didn't take possession until late-August. My original order was in April. Layout, site-survey, and permit were all done prior to taking possession. Once I put the utility in my name and took possession of the house, it was about 2.5 weeks to get an install date.

View attachment 588909 Installed today, on my 93 year old bungalow, I think she looks great! Hope power turn on happens quickly.

Looks nice. Are they going to paint your solar conduit on the brick red like your other conduits are painted?

Totally unrelated, but the downspout for your gutters is interesting going over the window like that. Was there a reason it had to go there instead a few more feet down?