Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coat Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The shop I used took about three days to complete the work. I was lucky because they had a set of loaner wheels that allowed me to keep the car. Another shop I checked offered a premium service where the guys would come to my house to remove and reinstall the wheels leaving my vehicle at home while they get the work. They were going to charge an extra $300 for that service which seems pretty steep

So a $300 protection fee.

Not bad for the money really. Looks like those are about 3 pounds heavier than the stock wheels. Wonder how much difference that 10% makes?

Actually, the Tesla stock 21" wheels weight 35lbs... so these are 2 lbs. lighter :cool:
upload_2016-7-17_10-24-11.png

Reactions: AxelF
Just picked up my car today! Now debating between powder coating the slipstreams or getting T Sportline TST 19" wheels. Any input? :)
Powder coating is a more affordable alternative if you like the style of the rim to begin with, which I do. A friend has the Tsportsline and they are nice as well. His finish is more matte than mine- I went with satin which is a low gloss. Very easy to clean.

• Informative
Reactions: Wknapp0924
Just picked up my car today! Now debating between powder coating the slipstreams or getting T Sportline TST 19" wheels. Any input? :)

Hi Rahul, I'm trying to decide between these two options as well. Going back and forth every day. I like the more open look of the TST wheels but the factory slipstreams are not bad and ultimately would be about $1,100 less. Of course if I can sell the slipstreams, it may even out the cost between the two options. Would love to know what you decide.

I went w/ a black gloss powder coat and love it. Far easier and cheaper than buying new rims and selling the old ones. Here are a few shots. It was done by Bulldog Detail (@Bulldog Kyle) in Mesa, AZ. They did a photo shoot of the car and will upload those when I get them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 467
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Reactions: STbreaker
I went w/ a black gloss powder coat and love it. Far easier and cheaper than buying new rims and selling the old ones. Here are a few shots. It was done by Bulldog Detail (@Bulldog Kyle) in Mesa, AZ. They did a photo shoot of the car and will upload those when I get them.

I went with Matte Black and am very happy with them.

Attachments

• 2016-08-25 08.32.27.jpg
    2016-08-25 08.32.27.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 448
  • 2016-08-25 12.13.04.jpg
    2016-08-25 12.13.04.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 445
Reaching out to my tesla family for suggestions on where can I get my wheels powder coated in maryland/DC area. Any suggestions or tips on how to get them done?lessons learned from your experience that I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your help