Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power limiting S85 AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed it before but the battery was bellow 50% so I thought that this is the reason but today with battery at 70% I had it again. At hard acceleration /pedal all the way down/ i got yellow teiangle with exclamation mark on energy dial on my dash and the dial got the orange line up to 300kw/h. I noticed it when the speed past 80, may be 90 mph and it stayed for abot 30 sec after the acceleration was over.

Is that normal?

Tomorrow I am going to try to replicate it and will make a video to be clear what I am experiencing.

The car was parked in garage with 83 F air temperature less than a mile away from this event. This less than a mile was druven easy with 25-30 mph with no hard acceleration at all. The outside temp was 98 F.

Disclaimer: I am not driving like fanatic. There is private road where I work with no traffic so no laws was brocken during this event!

Sometimes that comes in when regen is limited, but that triangle can be used for a bunch of situations. Did you notice any unexpected loss of power? Or did the car drive and accelerate as usual? You may want to call your service centre and ask, sometimes they can pull the logs for your car and get you more info.

If it goes away and the car does not drive strange then I won't worry much about it.

This was at about 60% battery

IMG_9125.JPG