Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Tools for Tesla-Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I downloaded the Power Tools for Tesla app by Ndili. Logged in. Turned off Wifi as instructed. But when I try to "Start," the three-sided" blade-looking things quiver. I tried reinstalling. I tried starting the app while moving (as instructed). Nothing seems to work. I have attached a screen shot. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 149
I'm the developer for PowerTools. PowerTools works and is still actively supported.
Thanks to a TMC member (possible the OP for this thread), we were able to debug and find out that this issue is related to having an ampersand character in your password. Once the ampersand character was removed from the password the user was successfully able to log in. We are looking into permanent solution options - at this point it appears to be related to how the Tesla servers decode the & character. Immediate work around is to remove the ampersand character from your login credentials.

I did get a response from PowerTools via email talking about the issue with the ampersand. My PW does not have anything except upper/lower and numbers. I did have the car's name with a "$" included. I have since renamed with only alpha and still can't get it to work. Any other thoughts?

I love this app it helped me discover that my cars power was reduced with a software update from Tesla last year, that power has now been restored...

I used PowerTools just this past weekend and the app still functions on current iOS 11.1.2 it even works on an iPhone X though there is a minor layout issue for the max power field being blocked by the bottom bar ( screenshot below) it would be nice if they updated the app to fix the layout on the iPhone X and update the app so it will continue to function for a long time!!

C03222AF-1403-47BA-863C-D2AC2B8DE3FF.png

Can somebody tell me how to format the first column in the export of the power tools? The app works fine but I want to check and analyse the exports (csv). The first column is, I think, the date-time stamp, but I cannot convert it to a readable/understandable format.
Would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Sander

It’s the number of milliseconds since base time (Jan 1, 2013?).

The easiest way to use that column is simply to subtract the first (lowest) entry from all the others. That way you’ll get a column of absolute time - in milliseconds - since the start of your run, starting from zero.