Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-owned Model S with Tesla finance and everything covered warranty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi peeps,

Going out on a limb here. I have just seen on FB that Tesla finance is now being offered on Pre-owned Tesla's. I have seen a 2014 P85+ for £62K, which, if I can put the finance over 6 years with a bit of a deposit I can afford. I don't know if that time period is an option, so need to find out. I average 25,000 miles a year, so owning would be my best option.

Whilst I am paying x amount per month, I won't have the odd £12k for another motor, or £8K for brakes etc, so I need a complete warranty, which will cover me for absolutely anything failing or requiring replacement for the time I own the vehicle. Is there such a warranty available? I don't want to get 4 years in at 100,000 miles and have a motor or battery fail and still be paying for another 2 years, unable to afford to change it, with a car I can't use.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure if it is any different in the UK, but if it is a CPO car from Tesla, they will come with a 4 year/50,000 mile complete warranty. The 8 year, infinite miles warranty on the battery and drive unit would still be in effect. So for 2014 car, you would have complete warranty until 2020 sometime (2016 + 4 years = 2020) and 2022 (2014 + 8 years = 2022) on the battery and drive unit. At 6 year loan (not sure if they will go that long), that would take you until 2022. You should be covered on the battery and drive unit (give or take) but you would be 2 years out of the complete warranty. Door handles, pano roof, etc..issues would be out of pocket then.

Reactions: nexsuperne101
Not sure if it is any different in the UK, but if it is a CPO car from Tesla, they will come with a 4 year/50,000 mile complete warranty. The 8 year, infinite miles warranty on the battery and drive unit would still be in effect. So for 2014 car, you would have complete warranty until 2020 sometime (2016 + 4 years = 2020) and 2022 (2014 + 8 years = 2022) on the battery and drive unit. At 6 year loan (not sure if they will go that long), that would take you until 2022. You should be covered on the battery and drive unit (give or take) but you would be 2 years out of the complete warranty. Door handles, pano roof, etc..issues would be out of pocket then.
Forgot to add, since you are driving 25,000 miles a year, you will hit that before the 4 years. That means you would be out of complete warranty in 2018, but warranty on the battery and drive unit would still cover you.

Reactions: nexsuperne101