Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Predict when your Model 3 will be Delivered

When do you predict your Model 3 will be Delivered?

• Late 2017

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • 2018 - First Half

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • 2018 - Second Half

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • 2019 - First Half

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 2019 - Second Half

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 2020 or Later

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it would be fun for anyone reserving a Model 3 on the 31st to predict when their car will be delivered. I'm on the East Coast and plan to stick to a ~$50K budget. I don't expect to take delivery at least until the second half of 2018.

West Coast non-owner with ~60k limit. Expecting first half of 2018. My biggest fear is that people will continue coming out of the woodwork for the next 2 years ordering PXXDs, pushing me further and further down the list. I live in LA and plan to camp out next week, so I'll be close to the top of the "general public/consumer" priority list, but I have no idea how many employees/current owners/wealthy individuals will leapfrog me over the next 2 years. Hopefully few enough that I have my car 2 years from now.

Thought it would be fun for anyone reserving a Model 3 on the 31st to predict when their car will be delivered. I'm on the East Coast and plan to stick to a ~$50K budget. I don't expect to take delivery at least until the second half of 2018.

Ditto, maybe slightly less budget but same expected time frame. I plan to arrive to wait in line early on the 31st and will be configuring within hours of invitation to design studio.

$55-60k budget and optimistic for first half 2018. My BMW3 lease ends in August 2018 so June/July would be wonderful.

If the p8xd starts at $60k (25k+base) then I don't know what I'm going to do. Go naked pXXd or check all the boxes from the base. Decisions, decisions.. A naked pXXd will likely ship before a loaded base model minus the P.

Last edited:
I don't anticipate delivery until 2019. Production will slowly ramp up after the initial production which I expect to begin in early 2018 (regardless of the official predictions). I'm reserving on-line, so a lot of people will be in the queue ahead of me.

Assuming they start shipping in late 2017, I'm expecting 2nd half 2018. I'm not an employee, nor a current owner, and I live on the East coast. I also don't plan on maxing out options (probably not a P unless it's possible under 55k). Also I have to reserve online instead of in store (none are close). All that combined I think pushes me to 2nd half, but I'd love it if it was in first half. I'm also not really counting on Federal rebate now either because of all that.

Current owner, east coast. Won't speculate on budget because I have to see what/how much the options are - but unless my husband surprises me, we will not be getting the P option. As long as the smaller battery option is the same range as our 70D, we'll be getting the smaller battery since that range meets our needs . Because of that, if I get it the second half of 2018 I will be happy. Mid 2018 would be great.

As a tesla owner, I expect priority in my geographic region (europe). The Model 3 is perfect for europe, more so than the models S and X so I am hoping for release in Europe before the other non-american regions (china, australia), but I could be wrong.

So I expect second half of 2018 the earliest, first half of 2019 the latest.

I just got an invite to meet the model X at an event in Munich, half a year after the launch event in California.

East Coast non-owner.. not interested in larger battery, as long as the base car does in fact get 200 realistic miles range. Looking to pay around $42,000. The only options I really care about are heated seats and autopilot. I want cloth seats, standard sound system. I'll be reserving early on the 31st, hoping to get my relatively low spec 3 by mid 2019. Reserving early to increase my chances

East Coast non-owner.. not interested in larger battery, as long as the base car does in fact get 200 realistic miles range. Looking to pay around $42,000. The only options I really care about are heated seats and autopilot. I want cloth seats, standard sound system. I'll be reserving early on the 31st, hoping to get my relatively low spec 3 by mid 2019. Reserving early to increase my chances

Haha, that's pretty much where I'm at, too (unless they offer fake leather, which I prefer). If you're going to reserve at the Tysons service center, I'll probably see you there!

*sigh* - Living in Europe, and ordering probably a fairly bare-bone Model 3.... :/ I was originally hoping for a Q3 2018 delivery, but that was before I heard about the way they will prioritize the deliveries, and before it was known that employees would have the first shoot...

... But, just like you in the US have this 200k limit with a phase out period, we have a date limit with a phase out period. The first date is 1/1-2018, but I never even hoped to get it before that. But the next date - as far as I know now - is 1/1-2019 (and then 1/1-2020). So I do really really hope for a Christmas present from Elon in 2018! ;)

Reactions: Big-Al
Hmm, from reading previous posts I guess I'm overly optimistic. East coast non-everything, ordering in-store, hoping to get bigger battery,dual motors, and probably not much else ($50ish). I'm hoping for a mid 2018 delivery but would not be surprised if it's late 2018..

Hmm, from reading previous posts I guess I'm overly optimistic. East coast non-everything, ordering in-store, hoping to get bigger battery,dual motors, and probably not much else ($50ish). I'm hoping for a mid 2018 delivery but would not be surprised if it's late 2018..

I'm in the same boat.... east coast, non-owner, mid-level configuration. I am hoping for mid-2018 while thinking late 2018 will be more realistic. (My current car's lease is up on October 1st, so I could also be biased by the hope that I won't need to scramble around for another stop-gap!)