Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Coal has fallen. Nuclear is next then Oil.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So pee as a resource?
A good, cheap, sufficiently _rapid_ method of controlled hydrogen release from ammonia would make compressed ammonia an alternative to compressed hydrogen storage.

With Federal Aid on the Table, Utilities Shift to Embrace Climate Goals https://nyti.ms/3GW9MPQ

As billions in government subsidies were at stake, the electric utility industry shed its opposition to clean-air regulation and put its lobbying muscle behind passing President Biden’s climate bill.

In the course of its two-year lobbying effort, the industry managed to help knock out of the legislation measures that would have mandated actions to curb pollution, largely leaving only those provisions that rewarded it for doing so — in effect securing more carrots while tossing aside the stick.

Probably more valuable as fertilizer

Yes. But given the demand to work on synthesizing ammonia for fertilizer using electricity, you have a potential source of fuel. If that's successful, then add in cost-effective scalable release technology and you have two pieces of a renewable energy storage chain. And you want the research to be happening now while we don't have much excess.

I believe climate articles on WP are now no longer paywalled.

This is what I sincerely have believed for some time, essentially that we are past the point of no return. It is regrettable that we are already at this point.

Out of more than 1,200 scenarios — some with temperatures rising as high as 5°C above preindustrial levels — 230 paths leave our planet below 1.5°C before the end of the century.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr
Yahoo Finance: Why the war on fossil fuels is causing chaos.

So why are the oil companies wanting more leases?!?
I think this is intended.
The war on fossil fuels should cause chaos... for fossil fuels.

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
pv magazine International: PV-powered residential air-source heat pump with PCM thermal storage.
PV-powered residential air-source heat pump with PCM thermal storage

Single heat pump for the whole house makes lots of sense, esp in the summer. Why are we just dumping heat outside the house, heating water with natural gas or electricity, the pulling that heat and dumping it outside again after a shower?!?

Yahoo Finance: Why the war on fossil fuels is causing chaos.

So why are the oil companies wanting more leases?!?
And opec is curbing production because prices were getting too low for their needs.

“The first truly global energy crisis, triggered by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, has sparked unprecedented momentum for renewables,” it said.

“Renewables [will] become the largest source of global electricity generation by early 2025, surpassing coal,” it added.

According to its “main-case forecast,” the IEA expects renewables to account for nearly 40% of worldwide electricity output in 2027, coinciding with a fall in the share of coal, natural gas and nuclear generation.

CleanTechnica: Czech Republic Says Hello To Hydrogen Trains, Buh-Bye To Russian Gas.

Czech mate!
Even if they did manage to come up with green hydrogen, wouldn't it be a lot more efficient to just power trains directly with electricity? Green hydrogen is spectacularly inefficient in production, compression, storage and transport.

Hundreds of jobs working to destroy the environment.

Britain Approves New Coal Mine Despite Climate Concerns https://nyti.ms/3BisXzE

The British government approved on Wednesday the country’s first coal mine in decades, a project promoted as a source of new jobs but which has been criticized as a reversal of efforts to control climate change. The mine, near Whitehaven on the coast of northwest England, would supply coal for the steel industry in Britain and abroad.

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan

Qatar’s longest-lasting legacy following the World Cup won’t be football or even its human rights record – it will be the climate crisis, according to a new report warning that its huge expansion of gas extraction could push the planet into catastrophic global heating. Should Qatar exploit all of its oil and gas reserves it will eventually add an enormous 50bn metric tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere once burned, which is more than the entire annual emissions of the whole world, the new research, shared with the Guardian, has found.