Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, TONS of changes from previous generation, many are subtle or hidden under the skin.

Yep and if you look at the Munro tear down of the plaid, the actual chassis changes are huge. Easily comparable to typical generation to generation changes you’d see with bmw, Mercedes, etc. really the only thing that didn’t change is the major exterior bodywork. I’m sure Tesla will have to do so eventually, but I don’t think it’ll happen for at least another 5 years.

yeah i mean more of a true "new" version of the X and S. it's overdue.
I find that very unlikely. I expect this refresh of the S and X to be the major engineering overhaul for the next few years. Minor changes and trim levels sure, but otherwise u think their focus has to be on the Cybertruck, the US Highland, and the Model Y equivalent before the $25k model.

People buying the model X don’t get the tax credit.

Yes, TONS of changes from previous generation, many are subtle or hidden under the skin.

I had no idea that they had made so many changes to the X, once you add in the new matrix headlights, this is a no brainer at the new price point. I didn't see that in the extensive list on TeslaTap, which btw is an amazing lay down of features.

I had no idea that they had made so many changes to the X, once you add in the new matrix headlights, this is a no brainer at the new price point. I didn't see that in the extensive list on TeslaTap, which btw is an amazing lay down of features.
Yeah honestly at this point I really have to say, the $79k new Model X makes so much sense I would seriously advise going that route instead of buying a used X, especially a used legacy X, no matter how good the deal seems.

Unfortunately, one of the many new changes compared to an older X is the lack of sensors by going vision-only. The constant beeps when parking is annoying as heck. I know you can turn it off, but then you have a $80K car that can’t even detect surroundings.

People buying the model X don’t get the tax credit.
Yes they do & will when the price is $80K and under.. You can claim your tax credit next year up front too.
IMG_8886.jpeg

Unfortunately, one of the many new changes compared to an older X is the lack of sensors by going vision-only. The constant beeps when parking is annoying as heck. I know you can turn it off, but then you have a $80K car that can’t even detect surroundings.
I worked for UPS for ten years, sensors are for sissy's. If you can't back a 53' trailer on a dock with mirrors, you probably need the sensors. I haven't used them on any Tesla since buying for first Model S in early 2013, which didn't have them either.

I worked for UPS for ten years, sensors are for sissy's. If you can't back a 53' trailer on a dock with mirrors, you probably need the sensors. I haven't used them on any Tesla since buying for first Model S in early 2013, which didn't have them either.

That's fine about backing up. However, the lack of the USS on the X means the driver's door does not open up all the way for you. And I really like that feature.

Respectfully, huge props to you for being a professional driver and well above average parking skills. But the point of assisting technologies like USS park assist (and automatic parallel parking) is that it helps enable just about anyone to maneuver confidently.

I'm sure there's other things that you rely on technology to assist you but a different career professional would breeze through the task.

Respectfully, huge props to you for being a professional driver and well above average parking skills. But the point of assisting technologies like USS park assist (and automatic parallel parking) is that it helps enable just about anyone to maneuver confidently.

I'm sure there's other things that you rely on technology to assist you but a different career professional would breeze through the task.
That was a long time ago..... I use the tech, when it works, but most tech can't do it as well as a trained driver.

That was a long time ago..... I use the tech, when it works, but most tech can't do it as well as a trained driver.

Now I drive a laptop and the tech still drives me nuts, correcting words to the wrong words, filtering out critical emails due to some crappy algorithm that I have to fish out of the junk mail bin, getting spam bombed by the same crappy algorithm daily by AH's trying to sell me crap I don't want. Getting propaganda "news" on stuff I don't even care about from the MSM, getting software updates that FU the user interface.... tech is great until it isn't. Some days I feel like I'm on the show Black Mirror.....

I didn't understand the impact to the auto door feature, but in my house we call that a 1st world problem....

There are not so many complaints in comparison to the number of cars sold now vs. when the refresh came out, so definitely they have ironed out the kinks and production should ramp up naturally. Production is already higher than what it was before the 2020 shutdown. Everyone Except the Ultra Red waiting room, is waiting for the price drops. Or the CT.
Great to hear they’ve worked out the kinks. Especially since I just ordered a Model X to take advantage of the FUSC transfer offer. 😏