Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the Model X base price history over the past 5 years. The lowest price a new LR Model X was $79,990 in late 2020 before the refresh.

Tesla Model X Base Price History (3).png

Link to data.

So do you guys think Tesla will slash prices even further on the X?

I'm really considering upgrading to an X Plaid and this most recent price cut is making it very tempting.
Yes. But may not be until closer to the end of the year. Right now the spread between a performance Y and a Plaid X is @$50k. So the Y may be the biggest competitor. Tesla is going to have to make a greater differential in product. More range?, more luxury? or less of a price difference. And with more competition coming they will have to do something - they do not want to have a 2 car product line. I have a 2020 X with free lifetime supercharging - it would take a lot to get me to upgrade.

So do you guys think Tesla will slash prices even further on the X?

I'm really considering upgrading to an X Plaid and this most recent price cut is making it very tempting.

Of course, that was their intent, to interest you. If enough people are interested to actually pull the trigger, then the price won't go down anymore. But, in the off chance that they don't sell as many as they had hoped, they might drop it back down yet again.

Once it hits below 80k and qualifies for tax credit, I’d jump on the X. Otherwise, I’ll see myself in a Volvo or Rivian.
While unlikely, I’m hoping for the same. I’d jump on that deal.

I wish Tesla would consider giving those of us that purchased high, a credit for a current purchase.

For example, I bought a Y at $65K. It’s now $55K. Give me $10K credit for a Model X. :p

Because nobody wants to spend $100k and not be able to park the car safely. I can’t think of a single $100k vehicle that doesn’t offer a front camera and also be able to view your wheels near curbs.

Yeah what's doubly-annoying is Tesla told my wife that the service folks would be able to "fix" this lack of parking assist. We couldn't reject delivery of the Model X or we'd lose the $250. I am an idiot and cannot read, so I actually thought the parking assist was available on the new Model X. I didn't realize the feature was deleted since it seems like it was working based on the links from Google searches.

After a disaster-experience trying to parallel park the Model X in San Francisco, my wife thinks we made a huge mistake getting this "technologically advanced car."