Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction Thread - "You Called It"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll give myself one, from November 12, 2019.

If the Texas Automobile Dealers Association didn’t have their talons buried so deep into the state legislature, Texas might not be that bad. The wind, solar and natural gas energy providers should welcome the new market EV expansion would represent. Austin would be the natural location for factory/design center.

Reactions: navguy12 and JRP3
I don't either.
A direct jump from $7 to $15 an hour FMW is insane. So what about skilled jobs that is paying $15 now? they need to get bumped to $25. And so it goes on. Businesses will have to raise their prices and pretty soon $15 becomes an unlivable minimum wage and becomes the new poverty line.

Last edited:
A direct jump from $7 to $15 an hour FMW is insane. So what about skilled jobs that is paying $15 now? they need to get bumped to $25. And so it goes on. Business will have to raise their prices and pretty soon $15 becomes an unlivable minimum wage and becomes the new poverty line.

Until 1968, the minimum wage not only kept pace with inflation, it rose in step with productivity growth. The logic is straightforward; we expect that wages in general will rise in step with productivity growth. For workers at the bottom to share in the overall improvement in society’s living standards, the minimum wage should also rise with productivity.
While the national minimum wage did rise roughly in step with productivity growth from its inception in 1938 until 1968, in the more than five decades since then, it has not even kept pace with inflation. However, if the minimum wage did rise in step with productivity growth since 1968 it would be over $24 an hour today, as shown in the Figure below.[

Screen-Shot-2020-01-22-at-9.22.50-AM-510x422.png

What the Minimum Wage Would Be If It Kept Pace With Productivity - CounterPunch.org

Part of the problems we are currently having with wealth inequality are directly related to this failure.

A direct jump from $7 to $15 an hour FMW is insane. So what about skilled jobs that is paying $15 now? they need to get bumped to $25. And so it goes on. Businesses will have to raise their prices and pretty soon $15 becomes an unlivable minimum wage and becomes the new poverty line.

There should be no skilled jobs paying only $15 per hour in a western civilised country in the first place!

In the US, when referring to the minimum wage of $15, would that be with or without health insurance attached to the employment? Without $15 still seems very low frankly.

The Tesla Model 3 and Y will be the #1 selling car and crossover in America for 2023.
This one's looking pretty good.

I'd say Model Y is a lock to surpass Rav4 in 2023, since Tesla's increased volume will directly impact Rav4 demand. Hard to tell how much since the Rav4 is likely supply constrained too.

Will the Model 3 overtake Camry? With the looming IRAct boost. I would say probably.

And up the S-curve we go! Wild times.

What will 1000v give to the S?
Quicker charging?

Lucid Air to be the Fastest Charging EV, Featuring a 900V+ Architecture Delivering a Charging Rate of Up to 20 Miles Per Minute

After hearing the semi delivery presentation, I predict that the Model S/X will get a powertrain update to 1000v, right before the cybertruck deliveries begin!
Model S/X may need to migrate to 4680 cells first, but since 18650s provide plenty of peak power that might not be an issue.

The other overlooked candidate is the Roadster, with such a big pack it is a prime candidate for 1000v. What they end up doing for the Roadster pack might be a strong clue were Model S/X is heading.

My best guess is that Model 3/Y will move to a mixture of 4680 cells and Chinese LFP packs, freeing up 2170 for the Semi.

With Model 3/Y and Cybertruck contending for 4680 cells, they need to fully ramp supply for those models before considering Model S/X.