Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity - Probably a Stupid Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Spotify but the playlists on slacker 1. Have better audio quality, 2. Have a different variety of music compared to my tailored playlists on Spotify. Sometimes it’s nice to have a change and make use of something that is paid for.

I tried to use my Tesla account log in and said invalid log in. Frustrating.
Have you tried logging out of your Tesla account on the Tesla phone app, logging back in?

What release is your Tesla running? I have 2021.24.5. In this release in the Tesla vehicle under Settings there is a setting under Mobility Settings to enable remote audio controls. If you enable the remote audio controls you can control playback from the Tesla app. (I have no idea if this might refresh your streaming account but it might be worth trying.)

Have you tried logging out of your Tesla account on the Tesla phone app, logging back in?

What release is your Tesla running? I have 2021.24.5. In this release in the Tesla vehicle under Settings there is a setting under Mobility Settings to enable remote audio controls. If you enable the remote audio controls you can control playback from the Tesla app. (I have no idea if this might refresh your streaming account but it might be worth trying.)
The car is on 2021.11.103. My phone iOS app is up to date.

to @brkaus point, it should just work. But it doesn’t. I’ll try logging out of phone app and see if that changes it. But not sure how phone app will change car settings..?

I used the two button reset. I used the “power off” feature in the settings menu. Short of doing a wheel change or factor reset, I’m not sure what else to try.

thanks everyone so far for the input. So far valuable but hasn’t quite fixed it.

I wasn't asking for that to fix it. I was just wondering if using the basic tier (post #22) I was missing out on anything.
Missed that; assuming that logging in with your Tesla credentials worked, it apparently doesn't, it would be the same Streaming Music services that you should get by default with the Tesla account login.

If you set up a premium account on LiveXLive, the current branded name for Slacker, it might give you access the premium LiveXLive services but since that also does not currently work we just don't know.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
I do not think Tesla is giving slacker anyone’s Tesla login username/password.

I do know they do some behind the scenes stuff. I had problems with mine at first - but this was back in 2017.

if it doesn’t work, you will likely need to bring it in to a service center. The folks on the phone just aren’t going to believe it’s being used properly to escalate and get fixed.

you could try a series of photos in the service ticket to be sure they are on the same page.

I do not think Tesla is giving slacker anyone’s Tesla login username/password.

I do know they do some behind the scenes stuff. I had problems with mine at first - but this was back in 2017.

if it doesn’t work, you will likely need to bring it in to a service center. The folks on the phone just aren’t going to believe it’s being used properly to escalate and get fixed.

you could try a series of photos in the service ticket to be sure they are on the same page.
I’ll do that. I also already have an open ticket to install homelink. Looks like I can’t make multiple service appointments which is a challenge. Doubt the homelink installer will add this to his work when they come out.

Slacker started working this morning.

now if I could only get Hulu to stream the content. I’ve tried the youtube TV suggestions, I’ve tried restart, I’ve logged out and in. No luck. I keep getting the p Dev error.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe