Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Sound System missing sub?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing anything here? I thought there is supposed to he a woofer in the trunk when you order the high fidelity premium sound upgrade and 2 tweeters. I don’t hear anything coming from the trunk at all. I even opened the trunk while playing music but absolutely nothing is coming from the trunk.

Did they forgot to install speakers? Its a Dec 2017 Model S.

Thanks

Same with my sept 17’. UHD only sounds good with Dolby OFF and bass to 12, mid ranges to 2/3 and treble to 10.

I’ve also opened the rear hatch while the music was cranking and the only bass I feel is at the front cabin and nothing from the rear whatsoever.

Is there any sub upgrade one could do or would it also require a new amp?

Thanks all. Tried turning dolby off and I could now feel the bass in the trunk on the passanger side.

It only works with dolby off. Wow, what a shame...
This is absolutely not true. The subwoofer works with the Dolby setting enabled, as I use the Dolby setting and can clearly feel the subwoofer when driving, and when I actually reach my hand down and touch the subwoofer. The flat EQ is extremely anemic in terms of bass though... do at least +6 on the low-end bass inside the EQ.

Playing flac from a usb and I find the bass is non existent, Playing Spotify here in Europe and you can hear it. I guess it’s a software issue. But hey.. they can put a Roadster into space and as you can’t hear music is space who needs it

This is absolutely not true. The subwoofer works with the Dolby setting enabled, as I use the Dolby setting and can clearly feel the subwoofer when driving, and when I actually reach my hand down and touch the subwoofer. The flat EQ is extremely anemic in terms of bass though... do at least +6 on the low-end bass inside the EQ.
I have it on 6.5 but don’t feel anything unless I turn Dolby off?
Maybe it’s time to visit service...

Tesla made a change at some point in how the Dolby function works. Today it works very well, expands the soundstage, and gives bass a nice boost. My whole car is vibrating with bass set to 7.5. If you don't feel it at that level or higher, which is very obvious, perhaps Tesla gave you the standard sound by mistake like they gave a lot of folks the wrong headlights. I would contact service to be sure.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I believe some Bass is also coming from the speakers in the doors... I don't think the LPF is set in such a way where the door speakers are only mids and mid-highs