Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrade Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, we have read brief positive commentary about the auto presenting doors and the ventilated seats, but I have yet to read a review about the bioweapon defense mode. Has it been enabled by software yet? What do the Sigs think about the monstrous HEPA filter and positive pressure? Is it noisy, and most importantly, does it work?

As far as I know the HEPA filter is always engaged. The BW mode just runs fan on high to produce positive pressure. In addition to your question I am wondering about the difference between recirculation mode and BW mode. To get positive pressure, the system would have to introduce outside air.

Debating if I should pay the $4500 + 500 (change fee) to add the premium package as I already ordered.
This car will replace my 2016 Acura MDX Advance, I would assume the Model X without the premium interior would still be more luxuries?

I hemmed. Hawed. Scratched my hair off. Lost some sleep. Coming from an M3 with plush interior I was scared to not have it all. But Elon tweeted that having kids should make you reconsider having perforated seats in your X. The thing I wanted most was the lights. What my rep told me with the white interior is that the door panels and arm rest are upgraded to match since they aren't technically leather. It's done to match. Kind of a bonus. I also worried about the self presenting doors swinging open into traffic when walking up and also smacking a biker flying by. I picked every option on my X. Somehow I felt like it was a small victory to not check one of their boxes and save 4500. So there is a little less value in it if you are going with white anyways. Another side note is the front seats are heated from what I'm told. The cold package just adds heating to rear seats. And ventilated seats only work up front, though the whole car has perforated upholstery to match.

Mine arrrives in three weeks. I can confirm if I regret this decision then.
Debating if I should pay the $4500 + 500 (change fee) to add the premium package as I already ordered.
This car will replace my 2016 Acura MDX Advance, I would assume the Model X without the premium interior would still be more luxuries?

I hemmed. Hawed. Scratched my hair off. Lost some sleep. Coming from an M3 with plush interior I was scared to not have it all. But Elon tweeted that having kids should make you reconsider having perforated seats in your X. The thing I wanted most was the lights. What my rep told me with the white interior is that the door panels and arm rest are upgraded to match since they aren't technically leather. It's done to match. Kind of a bonus. I also worried about the self presenting doors swinging open into traffic when walking up and also smacking a biker flying by. I picked every option on my X. Somehow I felt like it was a small victory to not check one of their boxes and save 4500. So there is a little less value in it if you are going with white anyways. Another side note is the front seats are heated from what I'm told. The cold package just adds heating to rear seats. And ventilated seats only work up front, though the whole car has perforated upholstery to match.

Mine arrrives in three weeks. I can confirm if I regret this decision then.

I couldn't handle the stress so I ultimately upgrades to the 90D + premium package

I upgraded also with the proviso that the reconfiguration fee be waived. They took my credit card payment for $500 but stated that refund would be made in 6-8 weeks. Takes 20 seconds to take the funds and 6-8 weeks for refund. Interesting. Getting a white interior also so no 'leather' on door panels etc. But what the heck, only $4500???

@johnc11050 Congratulations, you are the first post I have seen where Tesla is going to rebate the $500 even though lots of people have asked. From what I have read they have in many cases rudely said no. There have been people who have wanted to add options on the 8th day and even though it is to Tesla's benefit the answer has still been you have to pay the $500.

Maybe based on your response they can get their $500 rebated, this could make a lot of people happy. In many cases it wasn't the $500 but the refusal to even discuss it.

I don't think the front looks any different without premium. Why would it? Are fog lights part of premium? I got the premium and love the car. Period.

The only part of Premium that makes no sense is ventilated seats as they don't seem to do anything, even at 3. I feel no air and can't detect any with a thermal camera. Even tried having A/C on high blowing at floor to give air to fans for seats. No dice.

• Informative
Reactions: loganintx
I don't think the front looks any different without premium. Why would it? Are fog lights part of premium? I got the premium and love the car. Period.

The only part of Premium that makes no sense is ventilated seats as they don't seem to do anything, even at 3. I feel no air and can't detect any with a thermal camera. Even tried having A/C on high blowing at floor to give air to fans for seats. No dice.
I *definitely* feel the ventilated seats, particularly on my back when wearing a t shirt.

Yeah my question had to do with the fog lights. I think these two items come with premium so I was wondering if not having them changes the look of the front:

• 3 position LED turning lights
  • LED fog lights
I am also curious to see pictures of the exterior front fog light area and the interior (especially the dash area) in a non-premium X. Please post when you can.