Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package for Old-timers!

Do you Regret Not getting OR getting the Premium Upgrades Package (PUP)

• Regret Not Getting PUP

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Do Not care for PUP

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Regret Getting PUP

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Now that it is Standard, Regret Not getting PUP

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Should Tesla offer PUP Hardware Upgrade Option for Those Without PUP

Votes: 22 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if Tesla would allow the PUP option then it would have to be probably done by either their own or Tesla-approved body shops because SC's will simply not be able to handle these given that they are already overwhelmed. If anyone who wants the PUP or at least certain features like heated steering or music system, and you have a scheduled visit to the SC, it might be worth asking them if they can let their approved body shop install the upgrades. If there are enough people asking them about this & the SC informs upper management, they may consider it at some point to provide this option to the old timers; it's a long shot, but you never know with Elon!
Interesting, I was just looking at this topic slipping to page 6 and was wondering if we were the only X customers interested in the subject. I would be ready to try anything to bring this subject to Elon’s attention. I just believe it is blocked by some upper manager that appears to only be interested in pleasing model 3 customers. I just hope I will not get to a point of turning my back from Tesla when my lease is over.

The only PUP feature that I would have liked is the HEPA filter and would not pay thousands for when it was an option. Instead I paid about a hundred for the aftermarket HEPA/charcoal filter and installed it myself in about an hour. Self opening front doors, heated steering wheel and fancy audio is not a big deal to us.

For those of us who don't know...What does PUP include?

Off the top of my head
  • Self presenting doors - without PUP you press handle and it opens, and when close it you push it lightly closed and the latch engages and pulls it to it's final position.
  • Upgraded sound system with 11 speakers and a 8" subwoofer
  • BioHazard mode
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Heated seats for all passengers - instead of just driver and front passenger
It was a $6,000 upgrade. The increased the base price by $2,500 and included it in the newer cars. So the inclusion was a good deal.

Off the top of my head
  • Self presenting doors - without PUP you press handle and it opens, and when close it you push it lightly closed and the latch engages and pulls it to it's final position.
  • Upgraded sound system with 11 speakers and a 8" subwoofer
  • BioHazard mode
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Heated seats for all passengers - instead of just driver and front passenger
It was a $6,000 upgrade. The increased the base price by $2,500 and included it in the newer cars. So the inclusion was a good deal.

Did PUP included ventilated seats?

Elon announced today that they will offer Biodefense Mode for $500 to all non-PUP MX and S (I think only for post 2016 cars).

Self-presenting door is also easy to offer, provided it's a software only upgrade (some have said it needs hardware, not sure about that). Wonder why they don't offer it yet, take my money already!

Right. I think the option for X was removed earlier but came back in 2018 in PUP P100D only. Not sure if it's still available now. Has something to do with the durability of the seat material.

Ventilated seats became obsolete sometime before I ordered my MX with PUP in September 2017. Then as you say they came back in only the P100D in 2018, but I think they were standard in that model. Ventilated seats haven't been available on non-P model cars for a long time.