Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preparing for delivery - Coincidences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gpetti

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2013
Calgary, Canada
In preparation for my delivery I have been making arrangement for winter tires and for an Expel wrap. As I'm now away from my home location for a couple of weeks I have also done all my paperwork, arranged insurance, ordered a vanity plate (Amped), bought some merch... anyway here's the coincidence part. On my Tesla paperwork, despite the fact that we don't have a sales or service center in Calgary (yet) there was a Calgary address. I'm still not clear if this will be the location of the new service center but apparently a local high end auto company at this address has been involved in some aspects of bringing the cars in. When I ordered tires from a company who had Blizzaks on sale I asked them for the address (to bring my Rial rims in) and discovered they were in the same building, essentially next door to the Tesla address. On arriving at the address I then realized that right next door to the Tesla address is Refine Auto - the company that I had independently selected for my Expel wrap. All three addresses are next door with the Tesla address being in the middle. Each company interacts with the other ones. As a result I've made arrangements for the car to be delivered there (think it might have been headed there anyway) and for the winter tires to be put on (summer ones in totes for storage) and then the full wrap will be done as well as both sets of wheels protected. It does mean I will wait another week before driving the beast but when I finally launch on the snowy/icy/gravel filled streets of Calgary the car will be fully ready and protected, no early rock chips etc.
Just to be clear the city of Calgary has over a million people and is about 280 square miles so this was a pretty unlikely occurrence.