Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prevent Fob from Opening Wing Doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times now, I have been "doing nothing" but walking, and the wing doors "just opened". A couple of times I was beyond the "fob hot zone" like walking out of the Starbucks with the car 100 feet away. Boom! The wing doors opened. I don't carry a gun or knife in that pocket. But those slim-line buttons pick up ???

How can I prevent this? I don't care that those doors can or can't be opened with the fob. The physical door handles are fine. I do have drivers door only turned OFF because it is super annoying to walk up to the car and try to open the passenger door for someone and ... nope. Same with the trunk, I want to walk up and open the trunk with the button like all other cars in the world. I do that all the time.

Reactions: Vitaman
Yeah, I hear you. I am posting to keep track of this thread. We have had the falcon wing doors open or the cargo door open unexpectedly when the car was locked. When I lock a car, I want it to stay locked until I tell it otherwise.

Recently it was lightly raining when we came out of a store, and saw a Model X with the cargo door open. As we got closer, we realized it was ours.

Reactions: Vitaman
The supplied FOB is accident waiting to happen. Closed the Hatch on my Wife once while she was under it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K26H7JG

49518242536_7ffe8498c6_b_d.jpg

First thing to do is turn off single press close all. I then use a cover for the fob which cuts down on inadvertent presses some more. This has been an issue since day one but the disabling of the single press command will fix most of the inadvertent closing on people. I’ve only had it happen when I was working on something in the front seat and the fob got trapped under my leg, which can cause even ‘double taps’.

The shown metal one is definitely a good ultimate protection!

I accidentally closed the FWD on my wife's head by being clutzy and skimming the key in my pocket against the corner of the car while walking around. She was not pleased and is now afraid its always going to happen!

Where is the Single press close all option? In the car or in the app?

The fob should not have those giant line buttons for the wing doors. The handles and in-car screen buttons are quite sufficient for the doors. The fob is fine for locking/unlocking the car and for the trunk and frunk. But doors (any of them) ... no.

Weird. Since 2017 never had a door open or close unless I pushed the Fob. Have certainly shoved the Fob and had a door close but never open. Needs a double click to open so that would take some accidental luck.