Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Cuts? WTF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that Tesla has cut prices. Tesla slashes prices across its lineup in Canada as much as 21%, Model 3 eligible again for iZEV incentive [Update]. Really annoys me that I bought less than 2 months ago for almost 20k more than today's price. Also now devalues the resale price of the vehicle.
There is already like 10 threads discussing this.
Everyone who bought in the past year is seeing a huge reduction in the value of their car.
Feel bad for the guy who took delivery yesterday.
But there is nothing one can do and the writing was on the wall by mid-November when the inventory levels shot through the roof.

Reactions: Jpandes
Yup. Took delivery 12/28 and got that screaming deal... :mad: Is what it is... Since it's just a computerized golf cart, should offer price guarantee like BestBuy. I haven't even registered mine yet. Still has the temp plate and my excise tax is going to be based off the 66k MSRP where it's 53k today. Annoying.
You should sell the golf cart to Carvana ASAP before they know about the new price.

Maybe some free supercharger miles? I understand your frustrations. MYP is now $7,000 less than what I paid but really only $4,000 difference because I got FSD and that is still $3,000 more expensive.

The more I think about it, the more troubles me that Tesla has made such a bold price reduction. This kind of move makes me think they're in deep trouble.

Where it gets super dicey is that they didnt just cut the price, they reached out offering deals and discounts two weeks ago to break your existing contract and take a different vehicle knowing full well a much bigger price cut was coming a week or so later. They aggressively pushed under false pretenses a slight reduction "get it now, limited time offer" type of messages pre christmas. Then a week or so later, they dump the price by more than twice the discount they gave. They absolutely pressure sold the discount knowing full well they would get a better deal than leaving me on my existing deal that wouldnt have delivered until Feb/March.

Where it gets super dicey is that they didnt just cut the price, they reached out offering deals and discounts two weeks ago to break your existing contract and take a different vehicle knowing full well a much bigger price cut was coming a week or so later. They aggressively pushed under false pretenses a slight reduction "get it now, limited time offer" type of messages pre christmas. Then a week or so later, they dump the price by more than twice the discount they gave. They absolutely pressure sold the discount knowing full well they would get a better deal than leaving me on my existing deal that wouldnt have delivered until Feb/March.

Car company tried to convince people to buy cars, more on this crazy story at 11...

Yep it sucks, but nothing we can do now. Just pretend it never happened and just drive it. Get as much out of it during your time of ownership.

Are they not offering anything for recent buyers? 👀
If Chevy or Toyota offered a $3k rebate on any model purchased this month,
are they supposed to offer recent buyers anything?
I don't see why you would expect anything due to new incentives.
What about those that bought their Tesla in October or November? They got zilch.

Life's not fair.

Reactions: JeffnReno
They should offer customers who purchased within last x number of months something like a discount on FSD or something to help compensate.
What do you propose for the "x" in your statement?

Does my March order where I paid $7K more than today's pricing when I got the car end of October qualify for the "x"?
Do only orders after the May increase qualify?
Or only after the June increase?
Or only in the last month?
Last 2 weeks?

How about anyone that paid even $1 more than today's pricing....like people still did back in 2021?

There is no way to create a value for your proposed "X". Therefore there will be no discounting or free FSD or anything even if you took delivery 1 min before the delivery centres closed on Thursday night.