Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop of $2k on M3P+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys regardless of why he wants to return the vehicle and if that's a reason you agree with shouldn't matter and should be just background nouse.

I think the real issue is Tesla not honoring the one day return policy. That to me makes his situation very shady. Yeah, yeah some of y'all might say the return is only for people that aren't happy with the car and shouldnt include returning for the 2k price difference. To them I'd say why should the reason of the return have any bearing on if Tesla honors the policy or not.

Tesla not honoring the return policy should be the issue and not the 2k difference.

Finally someone that gets the crux of the issue here! Thank you!

Guys regardless of why he wants to return the vehicle and if that's a reason you agree with shouldn't matter and should be just background nouse.

I think the real issue is Tesla not honoring the one day return policy. That to me makes his situation very shady. Yeah, yeah some of y'all might say the return is only for people that aren't happy with the car and shouldnt include returning for the 2k price difference. To them I'd say why should the reason of the return have any bearing on if Tesla honors the policy or not.

Tesla not honoring the return policy should be the issue and not the 2k difference.

Finally someone that gets the crux of the issue here! Thank you!

The crux of the issue is that it is very scumbaggery to do to Tesla or ANYONE.

At the minimum, Tesla should charge $7,500 back given 100% certainty @Arif will apply for the credit.

2qbo15.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stacks
The crux of the issue is that it is very scumbaggery to do to Tesla or ANYONE.

At the minimum, Tesla should charge $7,500 back given 100% certainty @Arif will apply for the credit.

2qbo15.jpg

@MXWing argument here is not about taking the tax credit. If the car is returned then ofcourse no one should be eligible for taking the credit.

Argument is around why Tesla is not honoring the 1 day return that they promised - given its a national holiday on 1/1. Just a matter of principle!

@MXWing argument here is not about taking the tax credit. If the car is returned then ofcourse no one should be eligible for taking the credit.

Argument is around why Tesla is not honoring the 1 day return that they promised - given its a national holiday on 1/1. Just a matter of principle!

You might have a legal case on technicalities if we saw all the details. Though given no one is motivated to go to bat for you should tell you that you should just be happy to get your $7,500 credit and enjoy your vehicle.

I could be wrong but I seem to strongly recall reading somewhere that Tesla wouldn't let you buy another Model 3 if you returned one.

Reactions: Cowby
Totally expected, I thought they would drop the price more to be honest, or cheapen paint options. Tesla has already taught me to never be an early adopter!

$2k off is a better deal than getting the full tax credit IMO, just not vastly enough to matter or care at this point. $2k off is $2k not financed and a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

$5k less for a PUP car now,
$500 less for white interior.
$2k less off the total price of the car.

I have had the car for under a month since getting delivery issues straightened out!

On the other handL
$5k refund on the way
$500 more for white paint.
$3500 more for the tax credit.

:)

Reactions: Cowby
Totally expected, I thought they would drop the price more to be honest, or cheapen paint options. Tesla has already taught me to never be an early adopter!

$2k off is a better deal than getting the full tax credit IMO, just not vastly enough to matter or care at this point. $2k off is $2k not financed and a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

$5k less for a PUP car now,
$500 less for white interior.
$2k less off the total price of the car.

I have had the car for under a month since getting delivery issues straightened out!

On the other handL
$5k refund on the way
$500 more for white paint.
$3500 more for the tax credit.

:)

Honestly, other than your personal car struggles which I emphathize, Tesla has made the P3D- buyers whole.

Fastest Model 3 at the best price. AWD buyers in hindsight are pisses they could have moved up to one second faster just for 5-6K.

Reactions: Glamisduner
Honestly, other than your personal car struggles which I emphathize, Tesla has made the P3D- buyers whole.

Fastest Model 3 at the best price. AWD buyers in hindsight are pisses they could have moved up to one second faster just for 5-6K.
I agree, I'm over the personal car issues too mostly. I really didn't expect 5k back from tesla, I think it's a once in a lifetime thing there. I do wonder if they will drop the prices on the cars another 2k when the entire tax credit is gone. It's important for those people that won't qualify for the tax credit, like some retired people etc. I'm not even sure my Dad would qualify for the tax credit, so it might be a better deal for him to buy now than it was last month.

Reactions: MXWing
I agree, I'm over the personal car issues too mostly. I really didn't expect 5k back from tesla, I think it's a once in a lifetime thing there. I do wonder if they will drop the prices on the cars another 2k when the entire tax credit is gone. It's important for those people that won't qualify for the tax credit, like some retired people etc. I'm not even sure my Dad would qualify for the tax credit, so it might be a better deal for him to buy now than it was last month.

No source or anything but I speculate something will happen with the EV tax credit structure as a whole before 2019 is out.

Tesla will be completely out after 2019 and GM is down to only 1750 going into 2020.

Meanwhile, foreign auto will have the $7,500 credit forever the way law is written.

All the time some new tax law is passed that is retroactive.

So if it’s back to 7500 for all with some new set of stipulations, the biggest winners are the ones who buy now.

Tesla can’t grab 2K from buyers now and unlikely to raise price back up - at least not without adding features.

The Model Y is going to destroy everything regardless of credits so Tesla just has to hold on for 2019.