Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that there is no advantage for ordering Full Self Driving with the car, when they give us the new price decrease and jack up FSD to $8,000, I wonder if it may be better to NOT get it with the car but order the unlock or software download later and possibly save the vehicle sales tax? Software purchased from one state to another usually has no sales tax...? That would save $540 in Florida, for example..?

They might have priced it this way to enable people to qualify for rebates under a specific bar when FSD is not included and then add FSD at the same cost later.

Thought I'd let you guys know.
I have a LR AWD with FSD on order. I completed my application with financing so did not have an edit option.
Don't have a VIN assigned yet.
So I reached out to the tesla live chat and spoke with a rep. They have submitted a request to update the price and it should be reflected within 24 hours on my final price.

Hope this helps for all of you who have question / concerns!

Now that there is no advantage for ordering Full Self Driving with the car, when they give us the new price decrease and jack up FSD to $8,000, I wonder if it may be better to NOT get it with the car but order the unlock or software download later and possibly save the vehicle sales tax? Software purchased from one state to another usually has no sales tax...? That would save $540 in Florida, for example..?
Here’s the bigger issue with FSD it really isn’t that useful. My Raven S is FSD and my Y is not. If they do something meaningful with FSD besides auto lane change I may add it later. The fact is there is no incentive to get it with the car at the same price and that fact that I wouldn’t even consider it beta at this point.

Thought I'd let you guys know.
I have a LR AWD with FSD on order. I completed my application with financing so did not have an edit option.
Don't have a VIN assigned yet.
So I reached out to the tesla live chat and spoke with a rep. They have submitted a request to update the price and it should be reflected within 24 hours on my final price.

Hope this helps for all of you who have question / concerns!

Did they keep FSD at $7k?

If ppls sue Tesla will force them do something to make all models y owners happy
Haha, based on what? We all signed a contract and agreed upon the final price. Yes it sucks, but no one forced anyone to buy it at the price you agreed on. Man does that mean everytime a store have a sales all the previous buyers can sue them? I guess the busiest season for lawyers will be black Friday every year. Haha.

Tesla does do special "incentives" on new inventory cars including "hidden" (not posted online) inventory cars, and not just demos with hundreds or thousands of miles. Not all new Teslas are sold at full MSRP and not all similar inventory cars are discounted equivalently. Some of these incentives can also be especially good at month or quarter end periods.

End of quarter discounts are known to everyone. It's not a secret. And you can gamble on getting it but you can't always. I paid full price for my 3 in March 2019.

Reactions: Reborn
End of quarter discounts are known to everyone. It's not a secret. And you can gamble on getting it but you can't always. I paid full price for my 3 in March 2019.

Yes, the potential for end of quarter discounts may generally be "known" to most but there are discounts available at other times too and not all similar new inventory cars are discounted equivalently. Tesla pricing is not always as consistent or straight forward as perhaps you think it is.

Yeah, I called my TA and they said they'd get back to me this week; hoping to keep $7k FSD price, but at least my MY PUP is eligible for the $2k rebate even if it's the same NET price for PUP+FSD.
PUP is only 1k off original price. If you ordered with FSD you’ll be flat with FSD being up 1k. If you are asking for the latest pricing I’d guess it will be across the board and not just on the items that went down.

Reactions: jazz290