Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you still get the free supercharger for 3 years if you locked in on the lower price but haven’t received it yet?
I will confirm with my SA. The terms simply say those who take delivery between April and June. It doesn’t stipulate price or order period. However if you modify order the price may increase. It does say that Tesla has the right to end promotion at any point so I hope everything good with my car upon delivery.

Reactions: aerodyne and mm9351
After a series of rather significant price cuts across the board in 2023, this latest increase appears out of place. Apparently, the cost of 3 yrs. unlimited supercharging is baked into the price adjustment. I don't think this move will increase demand that much, as a majority of Tesla owners already have / will have a home charging solution. Notice that the supercharging promotion ends on June 30 in typical Tesla fashion to boost EOQ sales. One thing's for sure, Tesla likes to shake up the EV market with increasing frequency.

Here's the typical Tesla buying scenario: You place an order, play the waiting game, and then sit back and watch the insanity unfold. Your "exact match" never quite arrives in local inventory in time before the incentives expire, or your trade-in quote expires before then. During that time frame, you watch prices / interest rates, and options fluctuate, or come and go. You worry that your trade in value will tank on the next offer. So as your anxiety builds, your knees weaken, and stomach turns over, you finally decide to accept a different color, trim, or other options. This is a game that Tesla always wins. :)

Yep, as others have said this is a very common tactic Tesla has done for a very long time. They keep lowering the price and then they will raise it just a bit to "trigger" people to buy before it raises again. If it works the price keeps trending up. If not it will go back down.

Personally, I think both the s and x are overpriced and need to drop by at least 7 to 8,000. At least that's the price point where I would be a potential buyer. Otherwise there are plenty of far more interesting vehicles to choose from in that price range.

Interesting that the yoke is now $250. I wonder if that’s because Tesla is trying to discourage people from ordering the yoke so they can phase it out, or because most people are still choosing the yoke so Tesla can make more money from it.

Like a couple of others here, I’m waiting to take delivery for a previous order and trying to find out if I get the 3 years of free supercharging. Since I already got an extra discount for the last price drop, free supercharging would be sweet. 🙂

Reactions: Kare101
After a series of rather significant price cuts across the board in 2023, this latest increase appears out of place. Apparently, the cost of 3 yrs. unlimited supercharging is baked into the price adjustment. I don't think this move will increase demand that much, as a majority of Tesla owners already have / will have a home charging solution. Notice that the supercharging promotion ends on June 30 in typical Tesla fashion to boost EOQ sales. One thing's for sure, Tesla likes to shake up the EV market with increasing frequency.

Here's the typical Tesla buying scenario: You place an order, play the waiting game, and then sit back and watch the insanity unfold. Your "exact match" never quite arrives in local inventory in time before the incentives expire, or your trade-in quote expires before then. During that time frame, you watch prices / interest rates, and options fluctuate, or come and go. You worry that your trade in value will tank on the next offer. So as your anxiety builds, your knees weaken, and stomach turns over, you finally decide to accept a different color, trim, or other options. This is a game that Tesla always wins. :)
Well in my case it worked out perfectly.
I waited to post trade-in until I got a vin. So no reductions.
Applied for loan once I got a vin. So no re-applying
Locked in cheaper price
And now getting free super charging.

Reactions: Paul8810 and mm9351
Well in my case it worked out perfectly.
I waited to post trade-in until I got a vin. So no reductions.
Applied for loan once I got a vin. So no re-applying
Locked in cheaper price
And now getting free super charging.
It’s great. Back in April 2019, when I ordered a model 3, I paid 3K for autopilot, by the the time I took delivery, it was standard on 3s, I ended up paying 1.5K less 🙂

Reactions: Kare101
Like a couple of others here, I’m waiting to take delivery for a previous order and trying to find out if I get the 3 years of free supercharging. Since I already got an extra discount for the last price drop, free supercharging would be sweet. 🙂
I heard back from Tesla. No free supercharging unless I take the new pricing, which isn't worth it (for me).

Interesting that the yoke is now $250. I wonder if that’s because Tesla is trying to discourage people from ordering the yoke so they can phase it out, or because most people are still choosing the yoke so Tesla can make more money from it.

Since they're going back to the round wheel is USS next?