Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going to keep looking. Haven’t found much. I think I have 72 hours to move my deposit to another car.
The car stood out to me because it only had 27,000 miles so was hoping the original owner took care of it.
that would stand out to me too. i really like the RWD dynamic my car has but would want AP at some point, so a car like that in great shape is worth a couple extra bucks, to me. i'd gravitate towards a "+" suspension model down the road as well so i'll be hunting a while when that time does come.

good luck, the search is a lot of the fun.

There’s an 85 D with 40,000 Miles- 2015 $57,600
Rear seats
21 wheels

Anyone have experience with either car.
I like the rear seat option but most importantly it’s a car I will use to drive to work and for Sunday drives. Just not sure if the P line is more for someone who wwants a weekend car. I read that the P’s go through tires much faster?

Any thoughts on this vs the 2014 P85.

Last edited:
that would stand out to me too. i really like the RWD dynamic my car has but would want AP at some point, so a car like that in great shape is worth a couple extra bucks, to me. i'd gravitate towards a "+" suspension model down the road as well so i'll be hunting a while when that time does come.

good luck, the search is a lot of the fun.
What’s the difference in a “+”

Who was your advisor? Mine told me to just keep looking online and to let him know what I decided. Said he didn't have any inventory- it was all online he said.
BTW, if you just want a regular 85 with autopilot, there are a few in the mid 50s. Mine got regular coil suspension which I like. It's a stiffer ride but handles quite well and is less likely to give me issues in the future.

BTW, if you just want a regular 85 with autopilot, there are a few in the mid 50s. Mine got regular coil suspension which I like. It's a stiffer ride but handles quite well and is less likely to give me issues in the future.
Thats my dilemma right now. Im trying to figure out whether to Stick to this P85 or go with the 85D
My budget was 50,000 but I was willing to pay a little more if the options were right and if there were rear Facing seats.

Thats my dilemma right now. Im trying to figure out whether to Stick to this P85 or go with the 85D
My budget was 50,000 but I was willing to pay a little more if the options were right and if there were rear Facing seats.

RFS are rare

No real need here for a D unless you want to go to Tahoe in the winter. Those 2 look like decent deals, assuming they are in good conditions.

Inventory Search | Tesla

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H19EFP53723 | Tesla

Think I’m going with the 85D
It’s $1200 more with 13,000 more miles
But I think if I’m already spending so much money might as well spend a bit more and get the rear facing seats which is sometimes convenient.
I worry about commuting with 21inch wheels as tires may need to be changed more often.
Maybe I can find a 19”set and have both

My wife and I really like the room in our RWD 14 MS 85 AP1 car. Excellent bang for the buck. Larger frunk on the RWD is nice for family trips with dogs. We found ours here on TMC in this thread from a private seller. We wanted a daily driver with 19” wheels, solid body color roof and coil suspension since we planned to drive it well beyond the 100k mile warranty. We are very happy and are loving road trips as well as daily commuting/errands.

Textile seats are very comfortable. Try them...it might open up some cars that you wouldn’t have otherwise considered.

Best of luck to those searching.

Reactions: Olds442 and Zorg
Anyone with experience want to help me estimate the cost of repair for this (ballpark)? Looks like the front nose cone needs to be replace and front bumper needs to be repainted.
That is the P85D I was looking at with the stab wound! It needs a new front bumper assembly at a minimum. Plus whatever other surprises you find. If you can source one yourself from a wreck it may be a few hundred.

A P85D that beat up was probably not treated gently by the previous owner.

Just a couple of comments... first, if you're interested in this car, I have a front nosecone from my P85D I replaced with one without holes for the license plate. If you need a replacement, with the holes, I'd sell it pretty cheap plus shipping. You would have to transfer your parking sensors to the new nosecone, but that's a 15 minute job.

Second, just because it has this damage doesn't necessarily mean the previous owner beat on the car. The rest of the car doesn't look that beat up. Something like that could just as easily been a parking lot fender bender the owner had nothing to do with. Years ago, I had a Ford Probe -- I was stopped at a stop sign... long story short, but a jeep ended up rolling downhill right into/on top of my front bumper which had similar (even worse) damage than this car. So you never really know.

Good luck!

Just a couple of comments... first, if you're interested in this car, I have a front nosecone from my P85D I replaced with one without holes for the license plate. If you need a replacement, with the holes, I'd sell it pretty cheap plus shipping. You would have to transfer your parking sensors to the new nosecone, but that's a 15 minute job.

Second, just because it has this damage doesn't necessarily mean the previous owner beat on the car. The rest of the car doesn't look that beat up. Something like that could just as easily been a parking lot fender bender the owner had nothing to do with. Years ago, I had a Ford Probe -- I was stopped at a stop sign... long story short, but a jeep ended up rolling downhill right into/on top of my front bumper which had similar (even worse) damage than this car. So you never really know.

Good luck!

When all 4 wheels are eaten up like that, the original owner and I have incompatible driving styles. Looks like someone picked it up though. Maybe they are a forum member and can comment on their experience.