Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And by the way… Range is King. All you Tesla Owners already know this. All you new timers to Tesla… well you will find out.

I purchased a P3D (performance) over a LR3 (long range).

After 181k miles I haven't regretted the acceleration over range. Ever. Not for one second.
The ONLY reason someone can get in front of me is "If I let them".
How much range did it cost me to get that kind of performance? I care not.

After 181k miles I haven't regretted the acceleration over range. Ever. Not for one second.

So the single most important factor to you is "not letting" someone get in front of you? Lol

Look for ‘’around town driving’’ Tesla range is ok. As longs as you can park you car in your garage and charge every night. Sure. I get it.

however if you need to go somewhere or tow… forget about it.

also, yes Teslas are quick. My 2017 is quicker than any car you own and any other car I own. Expect the plaid of course.

remember this quote… “‘ do you want trophy’s or tickets””.

just because you have a quick car doesn't mean crap. You can still only drive the speed limit. Unless you’re crazy and just want tickets.

also, yes Teslas are quick. My 2017 is quicker than any car you own and any other car I own. Expect the plaid of course.

remember this quote… “‘ do you want trophy’s or tickets””.

just because you have a quick car doesn't mean crap. You can still only drive the speed limit. Unless you’re crazy and just want tickets.
The speed limit has nothing to do with quickness. The speed limit has to do with speed.

Quickness means something to me. Thats all that matters.

Wait...what is your name again? lol I suppose you picked that name for the range.

Reactions: MrSlowEv
I can purchase a brand new RT1, dual motor, performance model with a max pack 410 miles of range in White paint, with 21’’ wheels for 79,800.00

waiting till Jan 1, 2024, I the. Can take off another 7,500.00 point of sale tax rebate dropping the price to 72,300.00

so 72,300 with 410 real miles and big hp too.

it’s not a bad deal.
Was this the pre-order pricing you're still referring to? I don't see how this is possible today using the base $73k price for the R1T Adventure - but admittedly I'm not all that familiar with their online configurator so if I'm missing the boat here please let me know how - as I would seriously consider this option if it's actually feasible:

1701962474850.png

Was this the pre-order pricing you're still referring to? I don't see how this is possible today using the base $73k price for the R1T Adventure - but admittedly I'm not all that familiar with their online configurator so if I'm missing the boat here please let me know how - as I would seriously consider this option if it's actually feasible:

View attachment 997259
If you are really interested in one, check to see what’s in inventory. If you order or purchase one before Xmas, you get a free home charger and up to $2000 to cover electrician installation costs. Details on Rivian.com

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Current Tesla and R1T owner and day 2 CT reservation holder. At current prices and specs, I see no reason to trade the R1T for a CT. I like the idea of strong body panels that won't dent, but other than that the R1T meets my needs. And the Rivian has the tunnel space to store a bunch of stuff, along with a really advanced suspension. Now, if they lower the price of the CT in a couple years, I may revisit the topic.

Current Tesla and R1T owner and day 2 CT reservation holder. At current prices and specs, I see no reason to trade the R1T for a CT. I like the idea of strong body panels that won't dent, but other than that the R1T meets my needs. And the Rivian has the tunnel space to store a bunch of stuff, along with a really advanced suspension. Now, if they lower the price of the CT in a couple years, I may revisit the topic.
I felt the same, after last week's "spectacle" and Elon's stellar performance. As mentioned previously, I canceled my day zero reservation on principle, and will revisit in a few years when the R1T is ready to be replaced with the best product at that time.

I also think those of us that locked in FSD pricing in with those early $100 reservations, will ultimately get shafted by Tesla - meaning these orders will not be filled first, but rather the more recent (and more profitable) $250 pre orders with FSD at $12,000 (unlocked).

The speed limit has nothing to do with quickness. The speed limit has to do with speed.

Quickness means something to me. Thats all that matters.

Wait...what is your name again? lol I suppose you picked that name for the range.
No I like to go fast. Really fast. I just do it at the track. And yes, my car is faster than yours. lol.

I felt the same, after last week's "spectacle" and Elon's stellar performance. As mentioned previously, I canceled my day zero reservation on principle, and will revisit in a few years when the R1T is ready to be replaced with the best product at that time.

I also think those of us that locked in FSD pricing in with those early $100 reservations, will ultimately get shafted by Tesla - meaning these orders will not be filled first, but rather the more recent (and more profitable) $250 pre orders with FSD at $12,000 (unlocked).
Got an S Plaid, like me? It is baller fast. 💨
By the way did you see the next big fail for the CT. When it rains or is foggy the rear view mirror camera set up sucks. Hmmm how could have predicted that???

Both. I have quick car. But I don’t race around town and block people from getting front of me like you said you do

Wow. you don't read my posts well. I said - and I quote. Its good knowing that I that the only people who get in front of me are people I allow.

That could be everyone - and usually is. I'm 56/retired and have plenty of time. no need to rush. lol.

BTW no one who owns a Tesla says that "just because you have a quick car doesn't mean crap" means it. I knew you were funnin around - caught up in the moment of the discussion.

Back to the pricing topic.

Last edited:
By the way did you see the next big fail for the CT. When it rains or is foggy the rear view mirror camera set up sucks. Hmmm how could have predicted that???
He's probably referring to the recent Sandy Munro video where he was driving a CT and showing the clouded rearview mirror camera on the screen due to rain. :) Here's a quick clip of what I'm referring to: ✂️ CT clouded rearview mirror

Last edited:
I am. Good pick up there.

I would have liked for Elon to have asked Sandy - did you know that you could clean the rear camera from the inside of the car? Did you know there is a spray feature for that camera Sandy?

Unlike ANY other Tesla ever- did you know you could spray that camera Sandy. I know this is your first CT drive EVER and we didn't provide ANY data before now....but did you know how to do that?

The video below starts where Sandy stated that he didn't know he could do that - on his first drive.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I would have liked for Elon to have asked Sandy - did you know that you could clean the rear camera from the inside of the car? Did you know there is a spray feature for that camera Sandy?

Unlike ANY other Tesla ever- did you know you could spray that camera Sandy. I know this is your first CT drive EVER and we didn't provide ANY data before now....but did you know how to do that?

The video below starts where Sandy stated that he didn't know he could do that - on his first drive.

Can you though? I was under the general impression that only the front bumper mounted camera on the CT had this cleaning feature at least at this point in time - not the camera in the tailgate. Has anyone seen the rear camera cleaner in action if this is an actual feature? It's possible though it's a bit more of a stretch assuming the run is from the front wiper tank to the tailgate location. This topic gets me thinking about the fact on most pickup trucks you can actually remove the tailgate by design without much effort - the electrical connections for the lock and the tailgate camera are both modular for this purpose - like on my 2018 RAM 1500 with a rear tailgate camera for example. Wonder if the tailgate on the CT can be removed like this?

Reactions: ArchHamster
Can you though? I was under the general impression that only the front bumper mounted camera on the CT had this cleaning feature at least at this point in time - not the camera in the tailgate. Has anyone seen the rear camera cleaner in action if this is an actual feature? It's possible though it's a bit more of a stretch assuming the run is from the front wiper tank to the tailgate location. This topic gets me thinking about the fact on most pickup trucks you can actually remove the tailgate by design without much effort - the electrical connections for the lock and the tailgate camera are both modular for this purpose - like on my 2018 RAM 1500 with a rear tailgate camera for example. Wonder if the tailgate on the CT can be removed like this?

Who knows? Is that a game changer as it was quoted to be?