Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows? Is that a game changer as it was quoted to be?
Not a game changer - but in thinking about having a tailgate camera cleaner - it's feasible to create a connector that could be removable along with the tailgate - but it also adds to the cost and complexity of the vehicle - and I found myself thinking about Elon's mantra "the best part is no part." Then again, if you don't have a rearview mirror unless this camera works and is debris free - not having a tailgate camera cleaner could be seen as a safety issue at least on some level.

Not a game changer - but in thinking about having a tailgate camera cleaner - it's feasible to create a connector that could be removable along with the tailgate - but it also adds to the cost and complexity of the vehicle - and I found myself thinking about Elon's mantra "the best part is no part." Then again, if you don't have a rearview mirror unless this camera works and is debris free - not having a tailgate camera cleaner could be seen as a safety issue at least on some level.
That's a really good point. If you need to transport a large, secured load with the tailgate down then you'd lose your rearview camera as well. I wonder if the cybertruck will even let you drive with your tailgate down.

Was this the pre-order pricing you're still referring to? I don't see how this is possible today using the base $73k price for the R1T Adventure - but admittedly I'm not all that familiar with their online configurator so if I'm missing the boat here please let me know how - as I would seriously consider this option if it's actually feasible:

View attachment 997259
You’re looking at today’s pricing. If I bought the truck with today’s pricing it would be 99,000 I believe. My pre-order pricing allows for a price of 79,800. If purchased after Jan 1, 2024, then the 7500 tax credit becomes a point of sale 7,500.00 rebate. So subtract 7,500 off 79,800 and you get 72,300 or close to that. I hope this helps.

You’re looking at today’s pricing. If I bought the truck with today’s pricing it would be 99,000 I believe. My pre-order pricing allows for a price of 79,800. If purchased after Jan 1, 2024, then the 7500 tax credit becomes a point of sale 7,500.00 rebate. So subtract 7,500 off 79,800 and you get 72,300 or close to that. I hope this helps.
Is the POS rebate a real thing now or proposed?

If you are really interested in one, check to see what’s in inventory. If you order or purchase one before Xmas, you get a free home charger and up to $2000 to cover electrician installation costs. Details on Rivian.com
I log into my Rivian account, and I get better pricing than anybody else trying to purchase a vehicle today. It’s because Rivian is honoring the pre-order pricing. It’s really a great deal.

Reactions: Lumens and jebinc
That's a really good point. If you need to transport a large, secured load with the tailgate down then you'd lose your rearview camera as well. I wonder if the cybertruck will even let you drive with your tailgate down.

Merry Christmas. Tailgate down.

MC.jpg

Well, the Rivian has both a tailgate camera and a high res bed camera for exactly that reason - so you can use it as a truck and still see. 🤣

You seem to care and think Elon hasn’t used other people’s money to enrich himself. Your opinion of him is misinformed. 😂

Post in thread 'Pricing Revealed'
Pricing Revealed

I seem to?

Seem to?

Are you kidding? Elon/Tesla sells products everyday using the money he makes from other people. That's what business is. Some are obviously better at it than others.

He didn't buy twitter using money he made from working at PizzaHut.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
I seem to?

Seem to?

Are you kidding? Elon/Tesla sells products everyday using the money he makes from other people. That's what business is. Some are obviously better at it than others.

He didn't buy twitter using money he made from working at PizzaHut.

At Wharton business school, there was a motto that went something like -

“Make money, do it often, and do it by using other people’s money”.

Seems like we can agree on that point. MBA 101.

My 2016 Silverado has the backup camera mounted above the tailgate release handle. If the tailgate is down and the truck is in reverse, the driveway is the only view. Just the nature of the tailgate mounted camera... good view when the gate is up and obstructed when the gate is down.

My 2016 Silverado has the backup camera mounted above the tailgate release handle. If the tailgate is down and the truck is in reverse, the driveway is the only view. Just the nature of the tailgate mounted camera... good view when the gate is up and obstructed when the gate is down.
My Rivian has two rear facing cameras. one in the tailgate and another HD above the rear window. Never an issue seeing no mater what is in the bed, status of auto tonneau or tailgate position. It's criminal to offer a product today that struggles to allow the driver to see clearly, in all use cases for the vehicle.

My Rivian has two rear facing cameras. one in the tailgate and another HD above the rear window. Never an issue seeing no mater what is in the bed, status of auto tonneau or tailgate position. It's criminal to offer a product today that struggles to allow the driver to see clearly, in all use cases for the vehicle.
BTW, how are the insurance rates on R1T vs. MS ?
I'm serious looking into R1T/S, and cost of insuring the beast is a consideration.

a

BTW, how are the insurance rates on R1T vs. MS ?
I'm serious looking into R1T/S, and cost of insuring the beast is a consideration.

a
I currently pay $812 for full coverage, for six months, with Allstate for the Rivian R1T, and $631 for S Plaid (Progressive). Allstate wanted nearly $2000 to insure the Plaid, so..

I can not wait to see what rates may get attached to the Cybertruck- yet another reason I’m good having canceled my reservation. I’m in a “wait and see” mode. Would not want to buy a Founder’s Edition today, only to be surprised and/or massively disappointed shortly thereafter.

When the Rivian warranty is nearing its end, I will reevaluate based on the facts and data available at that time.

Edit: Progressive would have insured the R1T for less than $631, but I needed to have at least one car on the Allstate auto policy to ensure continued discounts on the many other policies we have with them. Point being, you can insure the Rivian, with collision, for less than $100/month, depending.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArchHamster
I currently pay $812 for full coverage, for six months, with Allstate for the Rivian R1T, and $631 for S Plaid (Progressive).

Thanks for sharing.
I am at $1,303 / year for M3P, and only $881 / year for ///M3 (higher residual value). With all possible multi- and safety discounts. I've heard M3P is similar or higher than MSP, all other things being equal. Right now, insurance premiums on Tesla eat-up ~50% of the gas savings I get from going electric. Accelerated depreciation on the Teslas makes it a financial looser to own one for the first 5 years.

I fully expect CyberTruck to come in WAY higher than either M3P, MSP, or R1T.
Can't wait to get a VIN to run though my insurance company. Anyone got one?

I can not wait to see what rates may get attached to the Cybertruck- yet another reason I’m good having canceled my reservation. I’m in a “wait and see” mode. Would not want to buy a Founder’s Edition today, only to be surprised and/or massively disappointed shortly thereafter.

Founder's edition is a wonderful BS test for Tesla "faithful".
Either they rush out and buy one now (and post a VIN to prove it), or was all just pro-Musk trolling.

a

Reactions: jebinc