Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know what it is?
Yes, it was discussed in another thread.... Like all of the other fudged numbers on the order page and coming out of Elon's mouth, this bogus torque number is after differential gear reduction! Top CT model has less than 845HP. Top Rivian has 900HP. The real Rivian torque number is 908 lb-ft. The laws of physics are the same for RJ (Rivian) as they are for Elon (Tesla). Fudging like Tesla did would put the Rivian "higher" than the top Cybertruck. Sorry, Elon, you are not above the laws of physics....

• Disagree
Reactions: finman100
Breaking News!

George Santos said he just took delivery of a Cybertruck.
Breaking news:

Looks like George Santos needed the Cybertruck to pack his things and move back to New York.

What did he actually contribute to those companies besides money / getting investors on board? You really believe he's ever done any real coding or engineering in his life?

yes.

I just wonder if his bio is correct in that he started with nothing and is now where he is. Maybe his engineering father beat technical into him during the abuse. Elon Musk - Tesla, Age & Family

Technical or not - doesn't matter to me.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
yes.

I just wonder if his bio is correct in that he started with nothing and is now where he is. Maybe his engineering father beat technical into him during the abuse. Elon Musk - Tesla, Age & Family

Technical or not - doesn't matter to me.
Started with nothing except for the money and privilege that comes with being the son of an apartheid emerald mine owner.

If you want the real story of how skilled Elon is, just look at how he's running twitter. That's what happens when he doesn't have anyone left to say no to his batshit insanity.

Started with nothing except for the money and privilege that comes with being the son of an apartheid emerald mine owner.

If you want the real story of how skilled Elon is, just look at how he's running twitter. That's what happens when he doesn't have anyone left to say no to his batshit insanity.

I wonder why Twitter is different than his other 7 companies. I really do.

If I have 8 things and one goes bad.... then I'm defined by the single one in today's society. It's a sad place to live. Just like TV news stations. Just bad news after bad news and then right before the commercial - a good story to get you to come back.

8 companies + one bad one = Failure. SAD

I wonder why Twitter is different than his other 7 companies. I really do.

If I have 8 things and one goes bad.... then I'm defined by the single one in today's society. It's a sad place to live. Just like TV news stations. Just bad news after bad news and then right before the commercial - a good story to get you to come back.

8 companies + one bad one = Failure. SAD
Again there’s a good explanation. Twitter Elon is managing by himself. His other companies he let adults run the show while he was the face.

Reactions: 1100MCM
I suspect it will be "Plaid like"... after all early adopter, fanboy, shill and influencer orders are fulfilled, price cuts and mass depreciation will reign supreme.

If the price cuts and mass depreciation come down to 2019 prices (as has happened with every other model before) ...will there be any forum apologies for today's price criticism?

I HIGHLY doubt it. HIGHLY

It will be interesting to see how pricing plays out over next 18 months

It's possible/likely this is the "early adopter/influencer" pricing and by 2025 the prices will come down as it becomes profitable with volume production.

Then again, Elon has stressed interest rates play a big role and those are predicted to go down. So might that float prices up? They also face a hard cap of $80k for the EV tax credit on the lower two variants at least.

Reactions: Gentilly7
If the price cuts and mass depreciation come down to 2019 prices (as has happened with every other model before) ...will there be any forum apologies for today's price criticism?

I HIGHLY doubt it. HIGHLY
Dude, there was no Plaid in 2019 - so don't confuse the issue/point made. I paid $145,000 for a Plaid in 2021 (not 2019) and the same car today sells for $80-something. My point is accurate and fair. Full stop 🛑

Reactions: TessP100D