TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Private sale of current car before ordering Tesla...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by webtoker, Jul 4, 2016.

1. webtoker

webtoker Member

Currently I am upside down in my Audi S6 and am going to sell it privately vs trying to trade it in. The only issue with this is after I sell the car, I would be without a car until my ordered Tesla came in. I am in sales so really do need my car day to day. I checked inventory vehicles but they are all the classic style.

In the past I have been able to bring the price of the new vehicle down in negotiations to deal with the loss in value of the current vehicle. Obviously this isn't an option with Tesla's. What have others done to get around this issue?

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

1) Sit on and continue to use your current car until your Tesla is delivered.
    2) Rent

Basically seem to be your only options.

3. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

Carmax will give you a week to beat their offer.

4. Nish

Nish Member

I'm going to take my car to CarMax a week prior as well before pickup is scheduled.

5. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

What do they require to show a better offer has been given?