Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proactive recall for Model 3/Y front suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not mine but it did come up with a recall related to the below.

I would’ve liked to think a recall involving seatbelts (or other standard safety feature) could have had an email to affected owners (we’ve got a 6 week old so I could have been driving the pregnant wife around with a dodgy seatbelt).
Tesla hasn't been proactive on any customer issues since introducing the mode3 to the masses. Customer support used to be fantastic (2016- late 2018), but with the amount of cars with faults they are making, there is just no more time (no manpower) to inform customers of recalls. Too busy working on Robots, semi's and FSD!

Mostly they seem to do recalls as they have the cars in for other things. The wiring loom change, which really was quite important in a country where it frequently gets wet, was never publicised at all, just done at hoc.

I'd like to think this recall being a safety issue would at least generate an email, but it hasn't so far.

I've had squeaking/creaking sounds for a while now but have a hard time narrowing down where they are coming from. I believe they are suspension related as I hear it mostly when driving over bumps and whatnot, but sometimes I hear it just opening the front doors, which would technically change the weight around and might affect the suspension, but I wouldn't think very much... I just assumed I was being overly sensitive and I just turn the music up... but after reading these posts I might fall under one of these possible issues. No recall for my VIN and the car is only a few months old... I'm gonna try to record the sound.

Looks like on the grand scale of things it’s only 2822 vehicles affected over quite a broad time frame.

Got my email today and appointment booked for the recall. Same day service..

1635932549420.png

We'll I'm currently sat in the SC waiting so I hope so.

It's a new system since I last came here. You drive in and you automatically get a text thanking you for dropping it off. No human interaction required.. the car is in service mode now so I'm stuck here.. :p

You can get a ranger to do it but they were all booked up here.

Reactions: Louis0w
Haven't received an e-mail or anything but stumbled across this thread so checked my VIN (December 2020) and it's showing as part of the lateral link recall. Mobile service appointment booked for Jan 5th. Wonder why I haven't been contacted?

Last edited:
Got out at 5.45, so.. 2.5 hours? Whilst the SC is a reasonably pleasant place to wait I'd probably recommend waiting for a ranger slot for this one.

Downside.. no Jaffa cakes, just a selection of generic hotel biscuits. I did point out they're literally across the road from mcvities but they weren't impressed. :/
Did any components have to be replaced or were the bolts already tight? Got a copy of the service bulletin and it looks like a ranger can only check the torque and not replace anything. Mines been moved forward to a ranger visit on the 4th Jan.