Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you guys got me wondering about the web status of my Roadster. I just checked Tesla's Owners site and it still says: "Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory". This has been showing as the same status for about the last 2 months.
Have you e-mailed your Tesla contact person to let them know? I think they should send out weekly updates via e-mail to Roadster people waiting for their car, even if it's just a "your Roadster is still on track for delivery around the third week of December"...etc

I have a VIN# 1078 update.

July 29 - Locked in.
Sept 20 - "Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory"
Sept 24 - "Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory"
Oct 11 - "Your Roadster is in the Chassis and Body Testing factory"
Oct 12 - Email "Your Roadster is in transit"
Oct 16 - Email "Your Roadster arrived in Menlo Park... Delivery estimate Oct 30"

Oct 20 - Email "Your Roadster will load on to the truck tonight!"

Day 85 - Roadster held hostage.

Last edited:
Day 86 - Roadster held hostage.

My Roadster has a GPS in it, right? And the battery is powered up, right? So why can't TM set it up so that I can follow my car's progress cross country?

TM is a technology company... they need to think about these things. :tongue::cool::biggrin::eek::rolleyes:

Day 88 - Roadster held hostage.

The sun has set on another day without delivery.
Picking up #1098 on 11/2.
Seriously?! That one is sequentially 20 vehicles after mine. Cinergi's vehicle 1 before mine was delivered to Boston 2 weeks ago. This is just brutally painful. I already have a buyer lined up for my current vehicle... I need to unload it soon.

I have a half tank of gas in my car. TM: Don't make me buy more gas!

Last edited:
I dropped into Menlo Park briefly on Thursday, since my hotel was nearby. Figured it would be a lot safer than last year's visit, financially...

It was mentioned that a VIN in the 1170 range (don't remember the exact number) had been issued to a car in production recently.

Also met the new Toronto service manager, who coincidentally was there for training.

Last edited:
Day 88 - Roadster held hostage.

The sun has set on another day without delivery.

Seriously?! That one is sequentially 20 vehicles after mine. Cinergi's vehicle 1 before mine was delivered to Boston 2 weeks ago. This is just brutally painful. I already have a buyer lined up for my current vehicle... I need to unload it soon.
Ugh. Sorry to hear about that - just joined so having to catch up on your saga. I can barely wait a week - I would break out into spasms if I had to order one.

I'm sure it helps that they don't have to ship the car once they're finished assembling it (since I'm local to them) but I can't believe they can't tell you where your car is. When my wife and I were looking at other Tesla Spec cars the salesperson could tell us whether it was in England or the US and in what stage of building it was in. I was looking at salesforce.com right over her shoulder that had all the status codes.

I probably shouldn't tell you this but when I was waiting for my Corvette to be delivered someone posted on the Corvette Forum that an entire semi-truck full of Corvettes caught fire and destroyed all of them. Luckily mine wasn't on that truck but several people had to start their waiting all over again.

I have a VIN# 1078 update.

July 29 - Locked in.
Sept 20 - "Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory"
Sept 24 - "Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory"
Oct 11 - "Your Roadster is in the Chassis and Body Testing factory"
Oct 12 - Email "Your Roadster is in transit"
Oct 16 - Email "Your Roadster arrived in Menlo Park... Delivery estimate Oct 30"
Oct 20 - Email "Your Roadster will load on to the truck tonight!"

Oct 25 - Phone Call "I'm going to be in Houston tomorrow afternoon."

I was so excited, I was chatty like a school girl. The driver couldn't wait to get me off the phone.

Last edited:
Ok, 1078 is home safely. The truck driver was nice and very professional. It arrived with around 110 ideal miles.

I took it for a little spin. I'm wondering that TM might charge it in storage mode? Would that affect performance right off the truck? I think for the first few days, I'll have to charge it in performance mode, because everyone wants rides.

Best of all... I plugged the car in to the NEMA 14-50 I wired myself... it worked. I was afraid that I was going to have to do 120V charging until I could get an electrician out to fix my handiwork.

I apologize for butting-in all over this forum... It seems while I was waiting, I practically lived on this website. I will now go back to my regular life and only contribute when I actually have something to contribute. Thank you everyone for your patience with me.

Ok, 1078 is home safely.

I'm wondering that TM might charge it in storage mode? Would that affect performance right off the truck?
Congrats !

Not sure if you can drive it in storage mode, but if you can, yes it might think it's in kind of like Range Mode, which cuts power to 50%. No need for performance mode; average Joes won't be able to tell the difference, but yes, make sure it's at least in Standard Mode when you drive.

Ok, 1078 is home safely. The truck driver was nice and very professional. It arrived with around 110 ideal miles.

I took it for a little spin. I'm wondering that TM might charge it in storage mode? Would that affect performance right off the truck? I think for the first few days, I'll have to charge it in performance mode, because everyone wants rides.

Best of all... I plugged the car in to the NEMA 14-50 I wired myself... it worked. I was afraid that I was going to have to do 120V charging until I could get an electrician out to fix my handiwork.

I apologize for butting-in all over this forum... It seems while I was waiting, I practically lived on this website. I will now go back to my regular life and only contribute when I actually have something to contribute. Thank you everyone for your patience with me.

Congratulations!

My car came nearly fully charged. (Ideal) Mileage may vary.

To be honest, it's hard to tell the difference between Standard and Performance mode without a stopwatch. I can only tell the difference after driving it for a while; mainly, if I try to accelerate to a certain speed I will alway overshoot it in Performance mode.

And there's no reason to apologize about participating... I'm also a new owner and no one has complained yet. :tongue:

Performance mode is for racing and bragging rights. I don't justify the battery draw for the negligible increase in fun. I guess I'm happy with a "10" and don't appreciate the "11'. Congrats on getting your new toy!

Last edited: