Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still seems screwy to put deposit down today, reservation number in the 15000 range, whereas I put my deposit down April 2015 and have a higher reservation number in 16000 range. Maybe he reserved in 2014, opened up to DS this month and so on and so on...
I don't know how lower reservation numbers could exist if ordering after the higher number reservations, D or P or otherwise. Don't reservation numbers come in date of deposit order?
In the long run, we're all trying to make sense of some piece of information we have to look at to place ourselves in that list of delivery schedules. The only thing we are all seeing is Founders first, Signatures second, Performance third (Ludicrous first, then insane only), then production 90's, then production 70's.
You are confusing 2015 and 2016. It's just coincidence he is quoting dates exactly 1 year ago today.

I put my deposit down 1/19/15. They told me around mid March for mine and I was surprised when they said late Feb. The CA rebate is changing to an income test in March so I am hoping to get mine before they change the rules.
Based on the change in the CA rebate and the ease and benefits of delivering in California in Q1 for a myriad of reasons (shipping, # of service centers for due bill items, ZEV credits, Q1 Free Cash Flow Positive) I wouldn't be surprised if an inordinate amount of Production X's are delivered in California in Q1....if not most. Tesla has a history of maximizing incentives around the world. It's California's turn.

I just checked my page for the first time in a few days or even a week and found my VIN, 6xx. Reserved 9/2/14, 12,837. Invited to configure 1/4/16, ordered 1/6, confirmed 1/13. P90D w/o Ludicrous but most other options. No DS assignment or contact from Tesla since my confirmation email.

Based on the change in the CA rebate and the ease and benefits of delivering in California in Q1 for a myriad of reasons (shipping, # of service centers for due bill items, ZEV credits, Q1 Free Cash Flow Positive) I wouldn't be surprised if an inordinate amount of Production X's are delivered in California in Q1....if not most. Tesla has a history of maximizing incentives around the world. It's California's turn.

Change in rebate? Say what?

As I posted elsewhere, my Production Vin# 21X was "in the final stage of production" last week, according to my DS. No estimate of delivery date due to uncertainty of length of QA in Fremont and at SC but he did ask me for my schedule availability in February. See my config below in my signature.

Holy Sh*t! Thats big. Had no idea... Glad I'm getting my car soon. Is that gross or net $250k?

Ahem, there was even a link, you could just click on it :) "Consumers will not be eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the following thresholds". Taxes like that generally operate on gross income. After all, your deductions and credits affect your net income.

As I posted elsewhere, my Production Vin# 21X was "in the final stage of production" last week, according to my DS. No estimate of delivery date due to uncertainty of length of QA in Fremont and at SC but he did ask me for my schedule availability in February. See my config below in my signature.

This is good news for me as we are very close in line. I'm a bit behind you in the 350 range and was told my car is in production as well :)

Ahem, there was even a link, you could just click on it :) "Consumers will not be eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the following thresholds". Taxes like that generally operate on gross income. After all, your deductions and credits affect your net income.

Wow... I would think it would be difficult to buy a Tesla Model X without a gross income of over 250k. I would imagine that would cut quite a few people out of the rebate!

- - - Updated - - -

I was told yesterday that my car is "done" P90D VIN 24x

...but I still have no idea who my DS is or when to expect delivery. Very frustrating.

Has to be! Exciting though... Any day now for you :)

Holy Sh*t! Thats big. Had no idea... Is that gross or net $250k? If someone self employed and make 600K but net 200K what then?
Business expenses for self employed persons does not change the Gross Income. You have Gross sales, then subtract business expenses to come up with Gross Income. So you could have a million dollars in net sales and $900k of business expenses to come up with a Gross Income of $100k.

Business expenses for self employed persons does not change the Gross Income. You have Gross sales, then subtract business expenses to come up with Gross Income. So you could have a million dollars in net sales and $900k of business expenses to come up with a Gross Income of $100k.

Yeah thats what I figured. So in your example that self employed person would still get the rebate as long as they could find business expenses that kept them within the 250 minimum. Got it!

I haven't received a VIN yet.

Reserved on March 2014 (WL 87xx), Confirmed on 12/16. P90D, 7-seater, autopilot, 22" carbon wheel, no premium and ludicrous. Surprise (disappointed) to learn that folks with 9000-10000s waitlist are now "ahead" of me based on the VIN assignment. We ordered the same battery/car, no?

I haven't received a VIN yet.

Reserved on March 2014 (WL 87xx), Confirmed on 12/16. P90D, 7-seater, autopilot, 22" carbon wheel, no premium and ludicrous. Surprise (disappointed) to learn that folks with 9000-10000s waitlist are now "ahead" of me based on the VIN assignment. We ordered the same battery/car, no?
Rumors are that the "Carbon" or "Onyx Black" wheels (the new name for them in the design studio) are not available yet. There are others that are seemingly being skipped over for VIN assignment with the black wheels also.