Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I "think" I have a VIN. When I log into the Tesla website I see Model X 001984 where I used to see my RN before. Is that the VIN? I thought VIN's were supposed to be much longer.

Specs on my X: 90D, Blue, Black/Black, fully loaded except standard 20" wheels and is a 6 seater.

Factory delivery. Confirmed order on 12/14/15.

I "think" I have a VIN. When I log into the Tesla website I see Model X 001984 where I used to see my RN before. Is that the VIN? I thought VIN's were supposed to be much longer.

Specs on my X: 90D, Blue, Black/Black, fully loaded except standard 20" wheels and is a 6 seater.

Factory delivery. Confirmed order on 12/14/15.
That is a VIN. [emoji1]

Another data point for my vin# 1645. It is a 6 seat version. Any 5's or 7's have a vin?

And, of course, the $64 question. Has anyone who is/was showing a vin# had a delivery scheduled? And if so, what is the vin/date?

Ptsagcy took delivery a week or two ago, early December confirmation Vin 13x IIRC.

Vin25x took delivery last Friday or will take delivery this Friday. Confirmation 12/8.

I confirmed 12/16, have VIN 24x and have not heard anything yet.

Wow, looks like the 90D's are moving down the line. When did you reserve/order?

Shouldn't have downgraded to the 70D ): Anyone else in the 70D club patiently waiting?
Btw...I didn't get the premium package/air suspension so that should delay my order.
And my reservation sequence was 2114x... might have my Model 3 before my X :biggrin:
I have a 70 with 5 seats, everything else except subzero. Will have a long wait.

Look at it this way. There are not all that many in CA that got VINs yesterday, and one production is ramped 1k or so cars ahead of you will only make a week's difference. The important thing is that they are at least starting 90D on not only working on P90D anymore.

Look at it this way. There are not all that many in CA that got VINs yesterday, and one production is ramped 1k or so cars ahead of you will only make a week's difference.

Do we have any evidence that the production is in full swing now? It's certainly encouraging that they assigned 1000 VINs over the course of a day, and it's great that my DS said the expected "ready" month for my 90D with a 019xx VIN is April, but I'm not convinced yet Tesla is able to instantly switch from less than a hundred per month to an order of magnitude more.

Woo-Hoo!

VIN (between 1600 and 1700) assigned in last 24 hours.

90D, Silver Metallic, 6 seat, Premium, 20" wheels, autopilot, subzero, accessory hitch (no towing).

Southern California delivery. (But I might switch to Factory)

Ordered Feb. 7, confirmed February 15.

Reserved May 2013 (low 3,000's RN). (Do I dare to dream that it'll only take 3 years?)

I'm also an early Model S owner fwiw. (Can't believe that impacts their numbering though).

This is for those of you who haven't gotten your VIN yet...
jbf0fa8qcakvrrfvbgwl.jpg

Chill!

Last edited:
I'm in NorCal/factory delivery and have a 90D on order without premium and no VIN yet despite a low seq num and an early confirmation.

I checked with my DS and she said no VIN yet, but don't recommend changing your config since "We continue to sequence and assign VINs, so expect an update from us soon."