Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Highland (Investor impact etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't know about the most important things yet: suspension for riding comfort, hardware for autopilot and FSD, positions of the cameras and radar if any.
Considering we have read the Tesla workers have to leave their smart phones at the factory's front door in China, don't expect to know any of those things until launch. These pics are most likely coming from suppliers.

Reactions: rlsd
It will be the second wave behind the running MY
Into next year with rhe CT
And then 2025 with the M2

Tesla waves
I believe Tesla will have the new MY (Project Juniper) released in late 2024 or early 2025 to stay competitive with other EV companies.
Also the public will be more interested in the new M3 than with the current MY. Other EV companies will introduce new cars to compete with the current MY. So Tesla probably will released a refreshed MY soon after releasing the Highland.

• Disagree
Reactions: GOVA and EVCollies
I believe Tesla will have the new MY (Project Juniper) released in late 2024 or early 2025 to stay competitive with other EV companies.
Also the public will be more interested in the new M3 than with the current MY. Other EV companies will introduce new cars to compete with the current MY. So Tesla probably will released a refreshed MY soon after releasing the Highland.
Agree, I skipped Juniper because it will just keep that wave going

I also have a timeline of late 2024 for Juniper MY.

IMO Highland M3 will have 3 kinds of changes.
  1. Design changes specific M3 - mainly cosmetic
  2. Technology changes already in MY
  3. Technology changes not yet in MY
3. above is the reason to do Juniper, they might also include cosmetic changes.

IMO it is very likely that all Tesla cars will move to a 48V wiring harness . I'll be surprised if that is not part of 3.

The advantages are reduced copper and weight, standardizing on 48V parts across the range where possible,

Highland almost certainly has a front bumper camera, that is another thing that will probably become standard.

Tesla has a mission, they want to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport. Mainly highland will be about this. Making the car easier to produce so they can produce more of them from the same foot print. Make it cheaper so more can afford it. Use less material so they can make more cars. Make it more optimus friendly. And every minor software and hardware tweak they have figured out along the way and prepare it for robotaxi adoption(drive by wire, HW4, more durable seats and user facing elements, more durable tires/suspension/motors/batteries etc).

You skipped the highlands use of M3Ps
Big improvement in range coming
RWD 300 miles
LR could be 400 miles
P guess 350

Highland will reinforce Teslas leadership in transportation again
Big and exciting UG

Juniper will also be amazing
My preference would be for Tesla to make the Highland batteries smaller and keep the range as is. Juniper battery could be larger to mirror Highland range. That would differentiate the two in price further and ensure starting price is as low as possible for Highland - the introduction vehicle.

Reactions: rsm287 and JusRelax
Think we are entering a range tweak in the industry as Cadillac just announced this week
The new minimums, led by Tesla, will be 300, 400, and 500 miles
Also with the expanding L3 charging infrastructure, we probably won’t see big advances in range next as the extreme need won’t be there

Of course for the elite $130-150K+ vehicles they will push out to 600+ miles

Think we are entering a range tweak in the industry as Cadillac just announced this week
The new minimums, led by Tesla, will be 300, 400, and 500 miles
Also with the expanding L3 charging infrastructure, we probably won’t see big advances in range next as the extreme need won’t be there

Of course for the elite $130-150K+ vehicles they will push out to 600+ miles
500 for towing makes sense but otherwise is overkill now that chargers are in most places. It doesn't accelerate the transition.

Last edited:
Model 3 is a sedan.
Model Y is a crossover.
Therefore the public will be more interested in the new Model Y.

Not sure if serious

Tesla is learning rumors alone can Osbourne a product. Will be interesting how Tesla handles the S/X replacements, then again, their volume is low so it does not matter.