TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Protecting the MX Piano Finish on Seat backs

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by EV-lutioin, May 7, 2016.

1. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

When I test drove a Model X in Sacramento I noticed several pronounced scratches in the piano finish seat backs. Personally, I would have preferred a more durable surface like the Model S, but now I am wondering what I can do to protect the finish. Like all my cars, I intend to use my MX for camping trips, skiing/biking trips, and even things like picking up lumber and t-posts from Home Depot. Has anyone come up with an attractive way to protect the seat backs?

2. ModelX

ModelX Member

I had them wrapped with SunTek film.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

+1

4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Did SunTek installers wrap them? The tinting I have done on car windows is quite susceptible to scratches, is SunTek more durable? If you have any, could you provide some pictures?

5. McManX

McManX Member

6. MonsterCarter

MonsterCarter Member

7. ModelX

ModelX Member

The installers did wrap them, but since it is a clear glossy film you can't see the edges, you can only feel them.