Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA - left turn signal doesn't reset - defective steering control module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I noticed some strange behavior with my indicators (Turn Signal).
Normally pushing the indicator stalk only slightly (before the 'nudge') it will indicate only 3 times. Pushing it beyond the nudge, the indicators are activated continuously.
This works consistently when pushing up (indicating right), but is very 'finicky' when pushing down (indicating left). This also has the effect of behaving strange when trying to switch off the right turn signal manually, it then sometimes activates the left turn signal. It also left me confused on how to activate the auto-lane change for some time.

After some experimentation, it seems like if I push down ever so slightly, I can get it to indicate 3 times. But push a little harder, or faster - NOT passing the nudge - it will activate the left indicator permanently.
While driving, I often instinctively seems to push to hard/fast and thus get a little frustrated about the behavior.

Is this a common flaw? Is it software or should I take my Model 3 to the service center?

Thanks @whatthe2 and @chicagoM30402 , I never saw anything on the EU/BENEL forums about this. And this only recently really started to annoy me, so figured I'd post it in the wild. Thanks so much for pointing me to this thread.

Locked in a service appointment to get the steering column module replaced.
No prob. Let us know if you get it fixed. I haven’t bothered to contact service yet, but probably will at some point.