Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Public charging... really should be better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New charging points at Braehead shopping centre. Great that there’s quite a few all supplied/provisioned by Charge Place Scotland.
BUT.... they’re only 7kw which is okay I guess.
BUT... who approved the bay layout ?
...pics attached...
C3453487-EC3F-4A6C-85E1-D011EE69383C.jpegEE424DD5-ED58-4F06-8F55-BB17C8A308FF.jpeg EE424DD5-ED58-4F06-8F55-BB17C8A308FF.jpeg 38C80BE6-7574-4BDD-BF6A-4AC7FBBE753C.jpeg 79B6E107-105F-4082-9957-5E14AA88778A.jpeg 25BF4B6D-4A6E-44AB-B5CB-44D090AD8B0C.jpeg

Attachments

• 4DEDDBB7-5126-4B0E-A91A-6AA3283FDD86.jpeg
    4DEDDBB7-5126-4B0E-A91A-6AA3283FDD86.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Yev000
I had to rent a garage recently whilst I was having some work done on my house.
Now you would think that a garage is a garage and that if something is described as a garage you could fit a car in it but you would be wrong.
The reason these garages were available to rent was precisely because you can't fit a car in them and nobody will pay for them. When I complained I was told that the measurements show that an original Mini would fit inside, an original Fiat 500 would fit inside and a modern Smart car would also fit - so it is fine to call it a garage.
Sometimes I think I have become Victor Meldrew.

The reason these garages were available to rent was precisely because you can't fit a car in them and nobody will pay for them. When I complained I was told that the measurements show that an original Mini would fit inside, an original Fiat 500 would fit inside and a modern Smart car would also fit - so it is fine to call it a garage.
Sometimes I think I have become Victor Meldrew.

That sounds like my 70's house. My son asked why our neighbour no longer parks his car in the garage afer upgrading from a fiesta to a focus. He's loves practical examples so we drove my Octavia up to the garage and carefully got the bonnet in but couldn't go any further otherwise we'd hit the interior pillars.
Some houses on the street only have concrete pads as, apparently, the builder misjudged and there wasn't room to build the remaining garages.

Our house was built in the late 60's and has as double garage. When we moved in I had a Shogun and a 5 series BMW. The Shogun was too long and in any event I couldn't get them in side by side. I now only have the Model S and, obviously, the width isn't a problem, but the length leaves me with about 3 inches to spare. The remaining garage space serves as a utility room and house our washing machine, tumble drier, chest freezer and a couple of US Fridge Freezers. When the car is inside, we have to open the garage roller shutter to get to 50% of the appliances. What a complete joke - and things for others have got worse since our house was built.:mad::rolleyes:

When I built our house I designed the (single) garage to be 6.1m long x 4.1m wide. I really hate garages that you struggle to get a medium sized car into, and once in find it near-impossible to open the doors and get out.

When I built our house I designed the (single) garage to be 6.1m long x 4.1m wide. I really hate garages that you struggle to get a medium sized car into, and once in find it near-impossible to open the doors and get out.
With the size of the S's doors its tough to find a single garage you will be able to get in and out of easily. That's what Summon is for