Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased the "Basenor Tesla Model Y Front and Rear Seat Pad Protector Cushion"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to get it out of the way, yes, my seats are ceramic coated. I can feel using my mental abilities that comment will come after reading the following. 😅 Now on to the post!

I find keeping up with denim jean transfer in the Rhode Island winter can be a little much for me as Im having a little built up on the driver seat. I wanted to find a solution I could prevent in the winter and maybe take off in the summer when the jeans go away for the season. Im a khaki cargo short and mesh short guy in the summer. I dont do jean shorts, so this works for me. HA. That be said, I was able to scrub most of it away, but I really dont want to do this weekly, and/or change my clothing habits, so boom. Seat covers.

I was full game for finding entire cover solutions that were mostly white, with some black accents on the bolstering where dye transfer builds up and would be hidden with the black accent, but couldn't find any that matched what I wanted, or the color was cream instead of white, etc.

So, here I am. I've never had "leg bolstering" in a vehicle, so this will be new. Possibly they will be awesome, or perhaps they will suck. We shall see! If they do suck, back to Amazon they go. Worth the try, for me at least.

Link to the Basenor "Tesla Model Y Seat Cushion Leather Front and Rear Seat Pad Protector Cushion for 2020 2021 2022 Model Y"

Ill follow up with an extremely unprofessional YouTube review, as always. HA!

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 10.57.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 10.58.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 10.58.45 AM.png

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, Jae. There is not one pic of the covers not already on the seats (or in reviews) so would like to see what the bottoms look like.

I found a video on manufacturers or suppliers YT showing the install. It also shows the bottom of the drivers seat and back seat. Looks pretty generic but soft and like foam to me.

Reactions: digitaldad
Nice, not too involving. Next wonder if the white is spot on…maybe doing black bottom would just be the safest bet.

Did you specify if you bought white or black (guessing white based on desire and the pics)?

I went with the white, but they seem to be out of stock per a message I received this morning. Might not be in until mid March. Better late than never I guess!?

Ray, is your current interior white or black?

I rewatched the black cover installation video on Amazon....there's a part whe the guy goes to sit down on the back...the rear looks puffy (bloated?). Anyway, still think the front support is where its at. Good luck on the experiences.

Ray, is your current interior white or black?

I rewatched the black cover installation video on Amazon....there's a part whe the guy goes to sit down on the back...the rear looks puffy (bloated?). Anyway, still think the front support is where its at. Good luck on the experiences.
We have a black interior.
I may only just install the front seats. We are childless, so we rarely have people in the back seats.

They came today. Quality looks good. Definitely not leather, but best part is. No smell! My Wife has the car, so ill probably install over the weekend.

Looks like a good color match which is my main concern. I knew they wouldn’t be leather, and I’m glad they aren’t. Leather care is more care than what’s already there! 😂 Can’t wait to see some pics with them in!