Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If any of you Q2 graduates are on Octopus, have you been informed that your fixed rates have been adjusted to reflect the upcoming price cap? From 01/10/2022 is it 7.5p cheap rate and 34p for other times (versus 40p pre price cap)? There are now no quoted rates on the website, only the phone number. Ta muchly.

If any of you Q2 graduates are on Octopus, have you been informed that your fixed rates have been adjusted to reflect the upcoming price cap? From 01/10/2022 is it 7.5p cheap rate and 34p for other times (versus 40p pre price cap)? There are now no quoted rates on the website, only the phone number. Ta muchly.
34p all other times must be what you are paying now mate, I got the email stating they have adjusted my monthly charges to £38.44p to which I have put back to £105 what I have always paid. Yes the Government have put some money aside to help us but in the current climate how long will that last.

Octopus is still far and away the best IMO but need watching,

How soon would we be in debt paying £38.44 a month. :rolleyes:

rates.jpg

Octopus Intelligent.jpg

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
34p all other times must be what you are paying now mate, I got the email stating they have adjusted my monthly charges to £38.44p to which I have put back to £105 what I have always paid. Yes the Government have put some money aside to help us but in the current climate how long will that last.

View attachment 857799

View attachment 857798
I’m on a variable rate tariff at the moment so 28p rising to 34p with the price cap on 1st Oct so given your rates it’s a no brained to switch, assuming I can. I have gas too but assume if I do switch that’ll be at the capped rate too.

View attachment 857799

View attachment 857798
They dropped the DDR by £67 as that’s how the government support works. You’ll see there’s a £105 DDR as that’s where you’ve set it but there will also be a £67 credit applied to your account in October and subsequent months.

I’ve done the same thing as you as it happens, but the DDR drop would not have reduced the monthly amount going into your account.

They dropped the DDR by £67 as that’s how the government support works. You’ll see there’s a £105 DDR as that’s where you’ve set it but there will also be a £67 credit applied to your account in October and subsequent months.

I’ve done the same thing as you as it happens, but the DDR drop would not have reduced the monthly amount going into your account.
I tried to switch to them a couple of months ago and was told that with the current market volatility, they are not taking on new customers.

The 70 plate M3P loaner I had was about 300Wh per mile compared to 265Wh for my Y. Only charged it on slow chargers so 30mph just like the Y. Hope they sort out your car soon 😀

So, I finally have got my MY back - absolutely fantastic service from the SC in Manchester. It seems the front motor inverter needed replacing but they couldn't get hold of one on its own, so the whole front motor assembly was replaced. Took about 6 weeks beginning to end.

Enjoying being back in the Y - the ride is firmer, but I find the seating position much more comfortable and getting in & out of the car sooooooo much better (it's the small things that seem to matter these days!).

It's also noticeable just how more efficient the MY is vs a 2017 MS (P100DL). Of course, I now think the MY is really slow ;)

Anyway - my Tesla experience hasn't been tainted. Stuff happens, and they dealt with it in a very professional way.

So, time for a roll call ( as we have all been on a roll) of Q32 Grads and out honorary Q2 mate @Toblerone, to check and confirm they are still extant and ecstatic.

Loire Valley holiday 20/09 To 06/10 was brilliant. - even when I was not driving🙄

Many day trips around this extensive area.
Now then ......SWMBO said on day one at the gite.... " This chateau looks great but it is a 75 mile round trip"
"Well" said I " It will do for a start, but we have to broaden our horizons".

And we did!

Reactions: Toblerone
Still loving my Model Y and use it daily for work.

Was delivered on 30th June 2022 and "obviously" still drives like brand new with zero issues.

Bought a few addons for it (rear spoiler) alloy pedals and a few more bits including red brake calliper covers to improve it's looks.

Downside it is approaching 15,000 miles in such a short time.:(

Fact is I bought it to use so there we have it.🙂
Wetherby.JPG

mileage.jpg

Reactions: Wattsisname
Still loving my Model Y and use it daily for work.

Was delivered on 30th June 2022 and "obviously" still drives like brand new with zero issues.

Bought a few addons for it (rear spoiler) alloy pedals and a few more bits including red brake calliper covers to improve it's looks.

Downside it is approaching 15,000 miles in such a short time.:(

Fact is I bought it to use so there we have it.🙂
View attachment 863737

View attachment 863732
Brilliant! Please keep racking up happy miles. Your feedback will inform us of what to expect as our mileage climbs.

Reactions: busterboy
Looking forward to a wee trip up to Banchory and Aberdeen in VaDA tomorrow. Love driving her as does Dr S3XY who drives her most days. The good Dr says ‘good morning’ to her every day on her way to work. Maybe Elon could organise a software update that says ‘good morning’ back to her. That and a wee notch in the parcel shelf runners so that when you move it back on an upslope it doesn’t run back and close on you. Great car and nearly 5k miles done since end of June, now part of the family and the most memorable car we have had.

Barry is still crooning along happily here, with SWMBO far preferring to drive Tesla than "her" vehicle, much to my annoyance.

The only fly in the ointment is the towbar electrics which - due to missing body control modules during factory build - don't work. Tesla MK SC i'm sure would fix it in an instant if they could get the parts, but 3 months on from fitting, still no working towbar electrics and no date for parts. Doubly galling that recent orders with factory fit towbars doubtless have working electrics !

Other than that, the vehicle remains the finest I have owned.

Ok so I was late to the party. We’ve had the car 3 weeks now, done 1300 miles and we love it.

Charging on Intelligent Octopus has been flawless. We’ve added (according to Tessie app) 400kWh costing £30.

Did I say we love the car? The only issue/annoyance has been Auto High Beam coming on with cruise control (it’s otherwise disabled).
For example, yesterday afternoon at 4pm it came over very grey as it was about to rain.
Full beam on as we drive through a village at 30mph in the daytime. I know you can turn it off by pushing the stalk fwd.

Im hopeful they either improve it drastically or allow it to be disabled with AP. Otherwise I quite like the full beam at night when engaged manually.

I also love EAP. Finally got the hang of auto lane change - basically indicate and hold the wheel without any further input and it will do it’s thing.
No incidents of phantom braking yet and I’m not looking fwd to the first.

Wipers generally ok - I’ve applied a hydrophobic coating even though Tesla say not to. Elon’s not the boss of me.

Glad we got indicator stalks and parking sensors - which if you are not keeping up are planned to be removed and are now removed respectively.

Auto park doesn’t see 99% of spaces but can park ok when it does.
Summon works for short distances.
Light show is entertaining for those that see it for the first time.

Here’s a pic after I ceramic coated:
1665817938657.jpeg

I also love EAP. Finally got the hang of auto lane change - basically indicate and hold the wheel without any further input and it will do it’s thing.
I’m considering purchasing EAP (I regularly drive Oxford <> Uxbridge) but keep getting put off by all the negative feedback online.

I’m not expecting the thing to self-drive but more hoping to be able to indicate and change lanes and not have to disengage/re-engage AP and endure the seemingly endless bonging notifications. Is it fine for that kind of thing on the motorway?

I had a free 1 month trail last year and found it did not work that well, hence I (and many others) didn't convert the trail into a purchase. Its a shame really, as with a little software change they could allow it re-engage AP once you are in the new lane and remove the bongs but that would mean the EAP option would be fairly pointless...