Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? Is this the tesla finance? Wow the fact everything is signed and paid is unreal so sorry to hear this
Yes Tesla loan. They said there wasn’t anything they could do and have delayed collection until Monday which I can’t do as working. Hubby is furious and wants to cancel. Not even anything as compensation despite the fact it’s their fault!

Yes Tesla loan. They said there wasn’t anything they could do and have delayed collection until Monday which I can’t do as working. Hubby is furious and wants to cancel. Not even anything as compensation despite the fact it’s their fault!
Unbelievable, yes mistakes happen but how they deal with it is what matters, this doesn't sound good. Hopefully it's sorted soon 🤞and doesn’t detract from your enjoyment when you do get it

It is disgraceful. How they can take the full finance deposit and then declare the agreement void, beggars belief.

I’d say stick with it, get the new finance sorted and the car picked up (otherwise you’re in a bind trying to find something else). Then full formal complaint and raise it with the financial ombudsman. You should be compensated for this in some way.

What leads do the latest 3s and Ys come with now? On the Tesla UK website you now have to add the granny charger at £180 - I’m not going to be happy if I haven’t got one as I regularlyish use it when I’m away for the night at my parents. It wasn’t an ‘option’ when I ordered (June)?

It is disgraceful. How they can take the full finance deposit and then declare the agreement void, beggars belief.

I’d say stick with it, get the new finance sorted and the car picked up (otherwise you’re in a bind trying to find something else). Then full formal complaint and raise it with the financial ombudsman. You should be compensated for this in some way.
Exactly. How have they only just noticed? I signed the agreements 3 weeks ago!! It’s not like I’ve only just done it. Shocking customer service.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
I have been wondering about this... My Tesla Loan was approved in April and haven't had any sign or indication of it needing to be renewed etc. But I've heard of others expiring after 3 months...

Although I'm collecting in two weeks, haven't signed or been ask to sign anything but there is Pre-Contract Agreement and Lending Terms on my Tesla account online.

I have been wondering about this... My Tesla Loan was approved in April and haven't had any sign or indication of it needing to be renewed etc. But I've heard of others expiring after 3 months...

Although I'm collecting in two weeks, haven't signed or been ask to sign anything but there is Pre-Contract Agreement and Lending Terms on my Tesla account online.
I would double check with them asap. We ordered in March but didn’t apply for finance until May.

Reactions: Benotomy
Exactly. How have they only just noticed? I signed the agreements 3 weeks ago!! It’s not like I’ve only just done it. Shocking customer service.
Really sorry to hear your experience-could happen to anyone and would feel the same! Increasingly every process they have is ad-hoc, disconnected, almost random and inconsistent.

If you don’t mind me asking we’re you expecting the agreement to be expired i.e 60-90 day validity window or is this the expiry of the second submission?

No matter which one it was, the reminders you/we have been receiving should be the finance expiry ones first and foremost…I don’t recall getting any at the time - I noticed mine on the app while checking EDD updates.

As long as you can get the same APR and they make it easy for you to sort this out, then perhaps it is just another 2-3 days delay after EDD roller coaster…

Reactions: Sparky750
Really sorry to hear your experience-could happen to anyone and would feel the same! Increasingly every process they have is ad-hoc, disconnected, almost random and inconsistent.

If you don’t mind me asking we’re you expecting the agreement to be expired i.e 60-90 day validity window or is this the expiry of the second submission?

No matter which one it was, the reminders you/we have been receiving should be the finance expiry ones first and foremost…I don’t recall getting any at the time - I noticed mine on the app while checking EDD updates.

As long as you can get the same APR and they make it easy for you to sort this out, then perhaps it is just another 2-3 days delay after EDD roller coaster…
I haven't ever seen any notification mine has expired and it's definitely been at least 4 months since being accepted. I haven't had any documents sent over to e-sign either - has that happened to you?

Reactions: Benotomy

I never got a single reminder about expiration. Signed the agreements 3 weeks ago. They said they will honour original rate but doesn’t take away from the fact they rang me 15hrs before I was due to collect. They’ve had weeks to say oops it’s wrong. I’d signed everything electronically, they’ve had all our money for over a week. I’m just appalled and all they said was we’re sorry we can’t do anything until next week!!! No compensation. They admitted it was their error but doesn’t take away the fact that it’s left a very sour taste in our mouths.

• Love
Reactions: NP90

Never got anything about expiration. They sent me documents to sign 3 weeks ago. Apparently no one had noticed it had expired!!

I feel guilty posting this now after that poor performance.
collection tomorrow morning for me I'm going to be like a kid on Christmas eve going to bed tonight. I've checked on all my accessories stacked in the garage ready 😂 I'm just missing all weather mats from Aliexpress 🤦‍♂️ hopefully here soon or I'll be ordering more from Amazon. The wall charger glowing green ready as it has been since may when I installed it 😂 hope it works. I'm actually debating which playlist I'm driving home with although the 3 kids are apparently coming with me which will no doubt create other arguments 😂

I haven't ever seen any notification mine has expired and it's definitely been at least 4 months since being accepted. I haven't had any documents sent over to e-sign either - has that happened to you?
I ordered& applied early Apr and it was around beginning of Aug I by chance noticed on the app that the wording around “Tesla Approved Finance etc” changed to something like “your finance expired please resubmit again” …also the completed tasks bit went back a step…I don’t recall getting any reminder or notice in advance or at the time..

I ordered& applied early Apr and it was around beginning of Aug I by chance noticed on the app that the wording around “Tesla Approved Finance etc” changed to something like “your finance expired please resubmit again” …also the completed tasks bit went back a step…I don’t recall getting any reminder or notice in advance or at the time..
Yeah, I haven't had anything like that. Weird. I've emailed them, let's see what they come back with. Fingers crossed me being pro-active doesn't mean an increase in APR...