Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will definitely be an over the Moon/ Lune.

We will be waking up next door to Rouen Cathederal (the Bells! the Bells! If only I had stayed off the Bells!) to our second day in France (if all goes to plan) on the 21 September when your Y arrives.
I hope she likes YOU😅...no second chance to make a first impression;)
Sounds amazing! A Euro road trip is definitely on the cards for us too at some point in the Y :)

Sounds amazing! A Euro road trip is definitely on the cards for us too at some point in the Y :)
Yes; we can't wait. We have not been over for a while not since Bl..dy Boris's Boll...ed up Brexit and Covid Dix Neuf.

I first drove Lizzie on 7th of July and have not used EHP yet.....
.... Peage, here we come navigating on auto pilot. ( you may notice that even after about ten weeks of ownership, it is still Christmas Day for me.)

I was looking at the tesla boot side bins too and it is asking for a chassis number to check for fitment? Maybe the parcel shelf sides are different to the pre parcel shelf sides?
I also spoke to the tesla rep today and asked them about the granny charger now being an option, he said if it wasn't an option when you ordered then it will still come with the car.

Reactions: Benotomy
I have just noticed that the side boot bins (Tesla shop) are no longer compatible with all 5 seater MYs. I have a warning message that it is not compatible with mine…this suggests that there is some sort of boot spec change and would be very surprised if it is anything to do with the parcel shelf…

Has anyone noticed this with their Q3 MYs?

I ordered my bins a few weeks ago and it wasn't saying that, collected car and fitted yesterday with no issues so I'm at a loss 🤷‍♂️ have I just shoved them in and made them fit 😂🤷‍♂️ seem fine to me mines a 428 with parcel shelf etc

Well it didn't say this the other week 🤷‍♂️ they're fitted in though 😂 wondering why it says that now though ah well

Attachments

• 1C98584C-4472-4AF1-A083-BF2DA1A7DF29.jpeg
    1C98584C-4472-4AF1-A083-BF2DA1A7DF29.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 58
Same here, chucked them in this morning and they seemed fine. 447 chassis code.
I wonder if it's anything to do with this hole do earlier cars have this slight gap? That is the only thing that maybe the issue. Illustration of me fingering said hole 😂

Attachments

• 219EA859-A222-4D08-B546-210D9967B4F2.jpeg
    219EA859-A222-4D08-B546-210D9967B4F2.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 48
  • F2187490-55B6-4B65-A70B-60087F7EFC8B.jpeg
    F2187490-55B6-4B65-A70B-60087F7EFC8B.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 49
I'm with admiral and they do regard acceleration boost as a modification and they explicitly asked what % increase in power it made over standard. Naturally there was a small increase in premium. If you are economical with the truth about what the upgrade does then of course you may get a different answer - the person I spoke to did have to speak to the underwritters who were well aware what it was

Take your chances if you wish for the circa £100 it cost me.
I rest my case 🤨 and yes I specificaly asked this question with about 4ish insurers with the same negative responce, yes its a mod/upgrade, yes they all seemed to know what the Acceleration Boost is and yes an addition on your premium cost. Apparently its not a mod if it was installed by the factory, as on delivery. Anything software or otherwise fitted/installed after that point is technically classed as a mod and should therefore be declared. 😠 AND........I really, really, really wanted to install this 🤯

It is great that the intention within the app is to recognise the incompatibility of items rather than us figuring it out from the small print, which I guess we will need to do more and more with the number of improvements/changes on these vehicles, but at the same time its accuracy seems to be up for debate based on your responses- perhaps a subject for another thread. I am glad it still fits. Thanks

Ah ha! I get it; it's a traffic booster. And why not.
Correction:Should read Traffic Lights Booster.
Maybe, but the nail in the coffin was when my wife came home after her first drive in the new car and her first comment was "I much prefer this car - it does not feel like a rollercoaster ride anymore!"

5 minutes later I had ordered the acceleration boost :)

I justified it to myself by telling myself I could "return" it if the difference was marginal BUT after a couple of drives I absolutely love it. It feels much more like the Model 3 / push you back in your seat / rollercoaster experience.

If this is your first Tesla then you will love the speed of your new Model Y. It's most likely the fastest car you have ever owned and it's built so much better than the model 3 - but if you are coming from a model 3 and want the best of both worlds, then I strongly suggest you try it out for 48 hours.

Real test will be today when my wife drives it again 😇
The the Booster: Of course, I know, our intentions for a Boost are pure but imagine the conversation with an underwriter.
"So, you want to improve your 0 to 60 by 5 tenths Mr Hamilton.....O.K........." "What's that, you are not really bothered about the 0 to 60, it is more a matter of improving the 0 to 20mph .....mmm......for getting away at the lights a bit quicker maybe?" "Yes! Right ho Sir, sounds like fun - enjoy! What?...Oh no Sir, no premium increase, I can't see any additional risk". (Plus, we are ripping you a new one with your current no Boost premium)

Reactions: Daedalus and _Dave_
Just a quick one I know there's a dedicated thread however for you new guys like me. I've discovered the Tessie app and wow it's like the bastard child of the tesla app and teslafi, loads of functionality and figure reading. Confession time I've just been in the garage with 2 of my kids playing the racing car game 😂😂😂😂😂 we had the doors open because of swapping drivers for said game. Anyway tessie sent me an alert that rain was starting in our area and doors where open 😲 really impressed with it up to now it's a free 2 week trial and then £50 a year. Enables apple watch functionality as well as siri or alexa commands. Anyway guys might be worth having a look for yourselves

Just a quick one I know there's a dedicated thread however for you new guys like me. I've discovered the Tessie app and wow it's like the bastard child of the tesla app and teslafi, loads of functionality and figure reading. Confession time I've just been in the garage with 2 of my kids playing the racing car game 😂😂😂😂😂 we had the doors open because of swapping drivers for said game. Anyway tessie sent me an alert that rain was starting in our area and doors where open 😲 really impressed with it up to now it's a free 2 week trial and then £50 a year. Enables apple watch functionality as well as siri or alexa commands. Anyway guys might be worth having a look for yourselves
Thank you for that timely report. I was starting to get Tesla accessory buying withdrawal symtoms.😅

• Funny
Reactions: Sparky750
Thanks for sharing, worth a look! I do not know anything about the security features behind these platforms, but as a new Tesla owner to be, I’d be cautious to give third party access to a car which is to FSD one day, for all sorts of reasons. But there again, I suppose it is inevitable considering the fact that they are referred as computers on wheels by some…

Thanks for sharing, worth a look! I do not know anything about the security features behind these platforms, but as a new Tesla owner to be, I’d be cautious to give third party access to a car which is to FSD one day, for all sorts of reasons. But there again, I suppose it is inevitable considering the fact that they are referred as computers on wheels by some…

I've just been reading about the security etc of tessie and I'd say it's pretty damn good, the developer is a member (Jamestessie I think) on here and there are threads about it already. Everyone is different for example I think you get the same or similar functionality with teslamate which is free but I value my time and sanity when it comes to making stuff work