Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is way more sophisticated than a hosepipe into the filter and another out the other side which is what I use, top work though👏👏. I did like drying however it is still possible to get grit in the towel which is then dragged across the paintwork, but as you say, neither is really needed as even when it does dry is downs leave spots.
Thats how mine started out, but kept tripping over the hose/s! I see you have a black car, so perhaps wise to use a blower (non-contact) FYI, one of the reasons I stick to white car/s........BTW, ceramic coating REALLY helps there, never had an issue with scratch-marks, ever. 😌

I’ve ordered MSM and have a grey BMW 430d that I’ve had since new in 2016. I had it ceramic coated then and the paintwork still looks like new now, it’s certainly worth the money for sure.
I also use a kranzle and my 12 year old lad, one works better than the other though😂😂
I`ve always been of the opinion that say 10 - 12 year olds are just the right size to stuff into all those hard-to-reach, inaccessible areas for that perfect clean! 🤣

I had a (Seat) Cupra Ateca for best part of 3 year prior to the Tesla, never kerbed it once. I'd been really careful so far and thought I was careful in the car park until I heard the grind ... I'm not quite understanding the set up with the tape, is the border you mention perpendicular or parallel to the side of the car?
The border is parallel to the side of the car. Place the piece of tape at the bottom of the windscreen so it appears adjacent to the border when you are seated in your normal driving position

Reactions: t0ne
So "spotless water" then?.........Is that what I know as DI (de-ironised) or DM (de-mineralised) water? 🤓 If so, I`ve successfully been using my, sorry, `DI Water`, hospital quality filter plant, that I made about 3 years ago with superb results! I can honestly say that I have not used any `car-wash` detergents, foams, drying-aids or ANY polishes etc in that time. Just, when VERY mucky, spray over with a mild TFR, jet off with a good pressure washer than simply rinse over the whole car, at mains pressure, with my DI water hose/spray. Dont really need to towel it off as it dries spot-free on it own, but, there`s something about pulling a clean/dry towel-sheet over this curvy car, very satisfying! 🤨 Couple of snaps of my plant/install for reference (all fed directly from the mains water and so `on-tap` and `on-demand`)
That is excellent. If only we had a garage.
Back in the cellulose paint days, when we were ignorant of the harm caused by the chemicals, it was all so easy; Simonize polish twice a year. Maintain with a weekly shampoo and dry to a lustrous shine achieved with a leather chamois cloth ( shammy) Bish bosh done!
This left time to collect horse manure for the roses and supervise the child sweeps as they cleaned the chimneys of sulphurous soot.

• Funny
Reactions: EV-Head
To further mitigate my wheel damage paranoia, I fitted these caps that also cover the rims of my Gemini wheels.

3E887CEA-64A3-43D6-869B-BAFB501F5DF4.jpeg
80B6EE8B-C181-4848-9850-50639C91B939.jpeg

To further mitigate my wheel damage paranoia, I fitted these caps that also cover the rims of my Gemini wheels.

View attachment 861923View attachment 861925
They cover the rims! Marvellous! Can you please provide a link and the specific part name if not obvious.
I bought Alloygators for my Geminies,before collection, and discovered. to my chagrin, that they are not suitable for Gemini wheels.
Thank you.

Does anyones sat nav say the wrong exit (usually first exit) when the map shows 2nd exit at roundabouts? I seem to find this happens a few times but need to check if is at the same roundabouts.
Yes, and it will sometimes get it completely wrong as if it thinks we drive on the right - e.g. take 1st exit when it is the 3rd of three exits.

Reactions: Kashp
Does anyones sat nav say the wrong exit (usually first exit) when the map shows 2nd exit at roundabouts? I seem to find this happens a few times but need to check if is at the same roundabouts.
In France, the navigation was inconsistent; some times it counted a cul-de-sac as a exit other times not. Also, with so many new roads and refurbishments, I am not sure that the navigation is up to date. We were always prepared for jollity (and back tracking) when we heard the words " Now enter the roundabout and take the fifth exit" usually followed by "In one mile, make a U turn".😀

I have aleays eschewed the inbuilt sat nav until now and have found the Tesla/Google very good particularly when, as it often did, take us for a jaunt through the rural Loire region to avoid several miles of toll road. This was not something we requested but it was fun, particularly as these smaller D roads were well maintained. However, as with anywhere rural, the locals tend to give it welly which is disconcerting as they power towards you apparently unaware of your existence and in particular the " Little Old Lady from Pasadena" type.

Having driven around France for so many years ( not continuously) we found this years motoring holiday had an buzz and joy to it. Of course, Lizzie Y was a major contributor plus the three year hiatus and maybe we had forgotten just how much, for the most part, the roads are better than GBs... oops UK.

In France, the navigation was inconsistent; some times it counted a cul-de-sac as a exit other times not. Also, with so many new roads and refurbishments, I am not sure that the navigation is up to date. We were always prepared for jollity (and back tracking) when we heard the words " Now enter the roundabout and take the fifth exit" usually followed by "In one mile, make a U turn".😀

I have aleays eschewed the inbuilt sat nav until now and have found the Tesla/Google very good particularly when, as it often did, take us for a jaunt through the rural Loire region to avoid several miles of toll road. This was not something we requested but it was fun, particularly as these smaller D roads were well maintained. However, as with anywhere rural, the locals tend to give it welly which is disconcerting as they power towards you apparently unaware of your existence and in particular the " Little Old Lady from Pasadena" type.

Having driven around France for so many years ( not continuously) we found this years motoring holiday had an buzz and joy to it. Of course, Lizzie Y was a major contributor plus the three year hiatus and maybe we had forgotten just how much, for the most part, the roads are better than GBs... oops UK.
I should say, an extra buzz!

That is excellent. If only we had a garage.
Back in the cellulose paint days, when we were ignorant of the harm caused by the chemicals, it was all so easy; Simonize polish twice a year. Maintain with a weekly shampoo and dry to a lustrous shine achieved with a leather chamois cloth ( shammy) Bish bosh done!
This left time to collect horse manure for the roses and supervise the child sweeps as they cleaned the chimneys of sulphurous soot.
Ahhh, child labour, smelly-nose thinners, acrylic too......who said put your mask on! cough :oops: Simonize HARD wax I trust, non of this mamby-pamby liquid/creamy stuff! Thank the Automotive Techies for ceranic coating 🙏 Unfortunately the kids grow-up and move away, the grandkids on the other hand.......are having non of that malarkey, getting dirty, can`t use my cell-phone, WHAT! `hell no` 😂

Reactions: Wattsisname
Ahhh, child labour, smelly-nose thinners, acrylic too......who said put your mask on! cough :oops: Simonize HARD wax I trust, non of this mamby-pamby liquid/creamy stuff! Thank the Automotive Techies for ceranic coating 🙏 Unfortunately the kids grow-up and move away, the grandkids on the other hand.......are having non of that malarkey, getting dirty, can`t use my cell-phone, WHAT! `hell no` 😂
No need to pump iron if you apply HARD Simonize; build muscle whilst waxing the car.😀

Haha! Reads like a Paul Whitehouse reminiscing old bloke sketch.
BTW He and Dim Tim are coming back to our screens.🥳

Reactions: EV-Head
FINALLY after 2 weeks my car looks like new :D 👌

Full new car treatment and ceramics from Hypergloss Precision Vehicle Detailing in Wickford - I would throughly recommend Darren's work to any Essex Q3ers looking to give their car some TLC 👍

D9474533-4A8B-4123-A43C-BF0B172FE92D.jpeg

7A1460F9-9D25-458F-A09A-38E92B2A9C8D.jpeg
23463CC5-97CE-465D-A428-EF27491F0509.jpeg
17FB7765-9724-4ED5-B2FF-E005EE8E0FA8.jpeg

Paintwork was all in order save for a small patch on rear bumper that needed a machine polish. Loads of adhesive on the black door and window trim as well, now all taken care of.