Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They cover the rims! Marvellous! Can you please provide a link and the specific part name if not obvious.
I bought Alloygators for my Geminies,before collection, and discovered. to my chagrin, that they are not suitable for Gemini wheels.
Thank you.
They cover the rims! Marvellous! Can you please provide a link and the specific part name if not obvious.
I bought Alloygators for my Geminies,before collection, and discovered. to my chagrin, that they are not suitable for Gemini wheels.
Thank you.
Here you go-

Tessories Matte Wheel Covers for Model Y (#TM0077A)

Had my first episode of phantom braking yesterday on the A55. Straight road, 70mph on autopilot and a van enters the entry slip road - not moving onto the main carriageway and my car suddenly fully slams the brakes on. I expect the driver of the car following me headed home for a change of underwear.

Reactions: Benotomy
I am impressed with Tesla customer service. Condensation built up in the tail light but disappeared again when I drove the car. Logged a service call. Tesla contacted me within an hour, explained that the tail light is open to the elements. Condensation is only a problem when water collects insight the light or drips off the lens. If it had been an issue they would have replaced it the next morning on my driveway. I previously had a more expensive XC90 with a similar situation. Also under warranty. It had to call and chase their service centre to get a response and was asked to drop the car off at the dealer so they can take a look at it (not fix). No company is perfect but Tesla impressed me here.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 88
Had my first episode of phantom braking yesterday on the A55. Straight road, 70mph on autopilot and a van enters the entry slip road - not moving onto the main carriageway and my car suddenly fully slams the brakes on. I expect the driver of the car following me headed home for a change of underwear.
I must admit, I feel nervous using the AP or the TACC because of similar experiences almost daily. It can be very unpredictable - I suppose this is due to many factors surrounding the vehicle and it feels like I am not really in control (ie unable to avoid / predict any unnecessary / dangerous sudden braking).

I am hopeful that they will get better - still using both and trying to figure out their limitations and the best practices as best as I can…

Reactions: EV-Head and HowieR
I am impressed with Tesla customer service. Condensation built up in the tail light but disappeared again when I drove the car. Logged a service call. Tesla contacted me within an hour, explained that the tail light is open to the elements. Condensation is only a problem when water collects insight the light or drips off the lens. If it had been an issue they would have replaced it the next morning on my driveway. I previously had a more expensive XC90 with a similar situation. Also under warranty. It had to call and chase their service centre to get a response and was asked to drop the car off at the dealer so they can take a look at it (not fix). No company is perfect but Tesla impressed me here.
During collection I noticed this on mine and many others. TA reassured me that it was normal and pointed out a tiny hole on the surface of the tail light as part of the design.

Reactions: DWINTER
During collection I noticed this on mine and many others. TA reassured me that it was normal and pointed out a tiny hole on the surface of the tail light as part of the design.
There shouldn’t be/isn‘t a hole by design. It is just poor manufacturing and we know of one member who has been told by police to get them fixed because the misting obscures the light, long before water collects. It’s getting to the time of the year when we will start to see multiple comments appearing on the subject.

Reactions: EV-Head
There shouldn’t be/isn‘t a hole by design. It is just poor manufacturing and we know of one member who has been told by police to get them fixed because the misting obscures the light, long before water collects. It’s getting to the time of the year when we will start to see multiple comments appearing on the subject.
Didn’t know that - have you managed to book yours to be replaced? I may need to add it onto my SC items list. In that case there are potentially thousands of cars for SC visit because every single vehicle I checked during my collection day had this issue. Thanks for the heads up!

Didn’t know that - have you managed to book yours to be replaced? I may need to add it onto my SC items list. In that case there are potentially thousands of cars for SC visit because every single vehicle I checked during my collection day had this issue. Thanks for the heads up!
Have a read through this:

Reactions: Benotomy
In France, where they have clearly "cornered" the market for roundabouts, the first exit has been correct 99.90 % of the time. I am ashamed to say that I fell for the car park entrance that is located just before the actual first exit.....Twice!!

Otherwise pretty good except where there were 4 plus exits and we were looking for the last one.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like Merseyside Police also took a Q3 delivery that has been at the detailers. #TeamBlue obviously.

A chap on Twitter say "I don't understand why they like them so much!"
Well, it's the nice uniform with the Hi Vis jacket over the Stab Vest.
Also, the way they drive their Tesla to get scumbags banged up.
Personally, I like the lady ones.:)
Those nick-knack belts are also pretty cool.

FINALLY after 2 weeks my car looks like new :D 👌

Full new car treatment and ceramics from Hypergloss Precision Vehicle Detailing in Wickford - I would throughly recommend Darren's work to any Essex Q3ers looking to give their car some TLC 👍

View attachment 861975
View attachment 861976View attachment 861977View attachment 861981

Paintwork was all in order save for a small patch on rear bumper that needed a machine polish. Loads of adhesive on the black door and window trim as well, now all taken care of.
What a beauty. Enjoy, particular in low kerb height areas:eek: