Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3-End Rush = No Copies of Signed Paperwork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Frieda’s Boss

Model 3 AWD Silver + Model Y AWD Red
Sep 30, 2018
Vancouver, WA
With all the madness of Q3 delivery coupled with my excitement, I realized when I got home after pickup that I only had 1 document with me in the car: the temporary license sheet.

No Monroney label
No signed sales agreement
No copies of any of the other 5 or 6 docs that I signed

In the back of my mind I was thinking maybe it’ll show up in my Tesla account, but a week later and I’m still not seeing any copies of signed documents.

Did this happen to anyone else, and any suggestions on what my next-steps should be? Call the SC? Submit an ‘Ask Tesla’ inquiry through my account (that black hole didn’t work so well when I tried to schedule a Test Drive a few months ago...)?

FWIW I picked up at the Portland Macadam SC

BTW not providing the Monroney sticker is actually illegal.

15 U.S. Code § 1233 - Violations and penalties

failure to have it on there, or removal by anyone but the buyer, is a $1000 fine per instance.

Given I didn't see any actually ON the windows of a single of the hundreds of model 3s I saw over the weekend it seems like they're not doing this on any cars.... Kinda shocked some short nut hasn't gotten on the feds to fine the crap out of Tesla for it.

Check the glovebox... My montoney sticker was in there folded up. Still waiting on my registration information two and a half weeks later, but I'm sure they are busy and haven't gotten to it yet... Also I had the montoney sticker emailed to me before delivery as well.

Reactions: CUBldr97
I took delivery on 9/14, pre-craziness and I didn't get a copy of anything, or the Monroney sticker. I called the DS at my store and they sent me a PDF of the sticker and copy of all signed/counter-signed documents. They were very fast.

I don't have my signed docs either. I was told in 3 days. It's been 5 days now. I sent an inquiry through the ask a question link.

I guess I'll wait until end of the week to see if anything materializes before calling.

FWIW the one time I tried that link I didn't get a reply for a couple of weeks- and then just a dude saying "Hey thanks for contacting us- I see your issue has already been resolved"

despite the fact the issue hadn't been resolved in any way.

And when I replied to his note pointing that out, never got any reply.

Eventually I did get a survey from Tesla asking how my online support experience was, and I was... descriptive...in answering that question.

FWIW the one time I tried that link I didn't get a reply for a couple of weeks- and then just a dude saying "Hey thanks for contacting us- I see your issue has already been resolved"

despite the fact the issue hadn't been resolved in any way.

And when I replied to his note pointing that out, never got any reply.

Eventually I did get a survey from Tesla asking how my online support experience was, and I was... descriptive...in answering that question.

I guess a call to the delivery center it is! lol