Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would share my (limited so far) experience of AHB. I went out last night only to local supermarket so a very short drive. As I left my residential street I noticed full beam had come on which I found odd as the main road is still very residential and is a 30mph zone with streetlights. However whenever a car approached the dipped immediately as I would expect. Every single time. So I was pretty happy with that. Apart from being on on a road I would not expect them to turn on. However our street (where lights stayed dipped) has old fashioned style Street lights that have bright LED (I assume) bulbs like the first photo. Turning onto the main road the Street lights are new LED style lights (second photo) which are bright directly under them but seem much more of a focussed area of light than in the side streets. So I'm assuming they are just not quite bright enough for the car to recognise that they are there.

Haven't done any motorway driving at night or anything more than 30 areas View attachment 879004View attachment 879005
It simply doesn't care about street lighting; it doesn't have a capability to not use full beam when in a built-up area. Typically, if there are parked cars it will stay dipped.

It simply doesn't care about street lighting; it doesn't have a capability to not use full beam when in a built-up area. Typically, if there are parked cars it will stay dipped.
It didn't put full beam on in my street which has maybe brighter lights than the main road. Full beam only came on when I turned onto the road with the dimmer Street lights.

Some parked cars in my street but not many and it stayed off the whole way.

@Ramshackle the problem with BBC podcast on Spotify is likely to be down to licensing issues. It happens whenever there is an international sporting event such as the Olympics or World Cup. I normally listen to local (but out of my region) BBC radio in the day or in the car via TuneIn but this is unavailable for the duration of the World Cup. It’s very frustrating, albeit a first world problem.

Reactions: Ramshackle
What’s the included parcel shelf like? Is it one big „board“ or does it fold up somehow?
Hopefully these photos show you. There are basically 2 folds in the shelf. The first folds up and the second down. Allowing the shelf to fold a bit. It's ok for getting stuff out of the under boot area but still covers the boot quite a bit.

Attachments

• 20221128_142130.jpg
    20221128_142130.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20221128_142015.jpg
    20221128_142015.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221128_142028.jpg
    20221128_142028.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 74
Is anyone Netflix/YouTube showing German ads?

I read somewhere its because the 3G/4G connection it uses pings off a mast in Europe somewhere.
Anyone know how to change this?

Im sure theres a thread on this forum somewhere...

You can't change it as far as I know, the eSIM roams to wherever it wants (presumably wherever is the cheapest)
You can't change it but Tesla can with their carrier, I would recommend raising a service request and seeing how you go. I'm in the same boat, my car came in June with it correctly assigned to the UK, but then it needed a new computer and since that has been somewhere near Amsterdam.

It'll be seeing the cars; it doesn't know they are not driving/occupied.
Did the same short trip tonight. A long stretch of my street there were no parked cars visible anywhere and headlights stayed dipped until I got onto main road where the went full beam after a couple of seconds. It's either the lights or the speed that's making the difference (I tend to stick to around 20 in my street and 30 on the main road.)

I noticed on the main road it dipped full beams for a jogger on pavement on other side of road who had a head torch on. And also for a pedestrian on same side as me wearing a jacket with reflective stripes.

What I will say is that it dips very quickly when a car approaches e.g round a corner. It also dipped for a car approaching the road from a side street. So apart from being full beam when there are Street lights (at least where I live anyway) the AHB works pretty quickly and well.

Don’t suppose you have a pic of the mats you fitted. I want some but need to make sure they look and fit well before spending the cash

Here you go @Morpheus84 …… didn’t realise the mats were so dirty after 4 days :)

Didn’t take pics of frunk or under trunk liner, the fit is same as all the others

Attachments

• A3881B67-89CF-4292-92B3-56B01D3F4296.jpeg
    A3881B67-89CF-4292-92B3-56B01D3F4296.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 3C0C1154-FD07-4BB3-8DD4-CA3ADCCA947C.jpeg
    3C0C1154-FD07-4BB3-8DD4-CA3ADCCA947C.jpeg
    809.6 KB · Views: 65
  • A4CD1BAE-6FF6-41F1-82EB-8E2B6EC17225.jpeg
    A4CD1BAE-6FF6-41F1-82EB-8E2B6EC17225.jpeg
    739.8 KB · Views: 68
  • A14A4C32-257E-4CCB-A82B-372188AD8182.jpeg
    A14A4C32-257E-4CCB-A82B-372188AD8182.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 67
  • ABD2C3F3-1C47-4A64-A191-1EDA8E5A46D3.jpeg
    ABD2C3F3-1C47-4A64-A191-1EDA8E5A46D3.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Morpheus84
Hopefully these photos show you. There are basically 2 folds in the shelf. The first folds up and the second down. Allowing the shelf to fold a bit. It's ok for getting stuff out of the under boot area but still covers the boot quite a bit.
The parcel shelf provides a good echo breaker baffle thereby removing that slightly cavernous feel which I noticed on the test car last year.

Picked up my M3RWD this morning, whole car was perfect apart form the wing mirror drivers side was not working properly. doesn't have full range of motion, guy at the collection hub says he thinks it's a motor issue. Booked in via the app and mobile service are coming out on Friday to take a look, hope it's an easy fix however is perfectly drivable for now.

No USS - boo!
Type 2 cable
Granny charger
first aid kit warning triangle etc
collected on 44% charge

Last edited:
Reactions: H43lio
Picked up my M3RWD this morning, whole car was perfect apart form the rear view mirror drivers side was not working properly. doesn't have full range of motion, guy at the collection hub says he thinks it's a motor issue. Booked in via the app and mobile service are coming out on Friday to take a look, hope it's an easy fix however is perfectly drivable for now.

No USS - boo!
Type 2 cable
Granny charger
first aid kit warning triangle etc
collected on 44% charge
Congratulations! Where did you pick up and what was your collection experience like?