Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3RWD this morning, whole car was perfect apart form the rear view mirror drivers side was not working properly. doesn't have full range of motion, guy at the collection hub says he thinks it's a motor issue. Booked in via the app and mobile service are coming out on Friday to take a look, hope it's an easy fix however is perfectly drivable for now.

No USS - boo!
Type 2 cable
Granny charger
first aid kit warning triangle etc
collected on 44% charge
Hadn't realised how heavy that type 2 cable is! pretty beefy!

Interesting - Just been on the website to look at the Model Y storage bins and it says it’s not compatible with my vehicle which is a model Y. Hummm…….
Just to let you all know they fit fine! Picked up my car today and tested them. They look much better!

Attachments

• A13396B1-DBC6-450F-88FC-91B6AF415CF8.jpeg
    A13396B1-DBC6-450F-88FC-91B6AF415CF8.jpeg
    864.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 9BEF0A16-8F82-4A31-9261-AA08A4997655.jpeg
    9BEF0A16-8F82-4A31-9261-AA08A4997655.jpeg
    757.2 KB · Views: 72
Finally picked up my MYLR today. It was well worth the wait!! No issues on collection. It only had 44% charge but I’m at a supercharger now and I’m enjoying playing so that doesn’t matter.

I’m one of the lucky ones with USS which I am happy about after just reverse parking. No other upgrades that I can see!

Attachments

• B8FC0ADB-E5D4-41E0-ACF9-BEF59C253EFC.jpeg
    B8FC0ADB-E5D4-41E0-ACF9-BEF59C253EFC.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 78
  • AFF9C0D4-BA74-47D3-BF5B-1D64A809ECBC.jpeg
    AFF9C0D4-BA74-47D3-BF5B-1D64A809ECBC.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 65
Been to Manchester Trafford this morning to collect the new Model Y.

what a crap journey over, it’s only 35 miles but took over 2 hours due to fog and a lane closure on M62…so we were late but it didn’t matter.

really impressed with the hand over in so far as deletion of the outgoing M3, transfer of my info to the new car etc. it kind of just happened, I didn’t have to do anything!

out to the car, look round and a couple of minor blemishes on drivers passenger door - some sticky stuff probably residue of protective covering used in transportation. Didn’t bother to report it as car is in for pro polishing and ceramic coating in a couple of weeks and it can be sorted then.

as expected, no USS. Looks like old cameras but I can’t be sure, they seem to give a clear enough picture anyway. Type 2 and granny cable, parcel shelf, warning triangle and tow hook all in the frunk (shown on screen now as boot 👏🏻👏🏻) . 52% charge and 5 miles on the clock.

set off and stopped as planned at Birch Services for Greggs and a coffee, by the time we got there (13 miles) everything was calibrated.

this time we opted for the white interior and I am delighted with that decision. Looks great imho.

sat in the back once we got home, I hadn’t realised how much room there is in the back!

overall well happy, looking forward to a 500+ mile round trip to Scotland at the weekend.

gratuitous proud new owner picture below🤣

ECD2CAE6-519F-458F-88A3-488D895E2F43.jpeg

Also got mine today but all I’ve been doing is driving everywhere.

Already done 150 miles. Will share my experience and photos sometime tomorrow.

Still absolutely stunned this is my car, I’ve never owned a brand new car before and had the same car since 2011. So this is absolutely wild for me
This made me smile! Also never had a brand new car and am counting the sleeps now haha.

Reactions: bainsy
Congratulations! Where did you pick up and what was your collection experience like?
Picked up form Manchester Trafford Centre. Was booked for 10:30am but got there a little early about 10:15am which was good as had to wait in a queue for about 15 mins as quite a few people collecting at the same time.

Once I was seen it took less than 5 mins to confirm the details and be handed my key cards and sent on my way. All very quick and smooth.

Chap came out straight away to look at the issue with the wing mirror and waited until I have processed the service request on the app.

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
Ah fmll.... I want to drive into London and not pay the Congestion charge or ULEZ!!

I wonder if TFL already know the car is ULEZ exempt? Will have to tempt fate of course.
They know about ULEZ exemption but you still need to apply for the 100% discount on congestion charge.

I got a screenshot of the V5C registration from the lease provider (not the actual colourful booklet) and could apply for the discount with that. Was accepted and confirmed within 1 day.

Been to Manchester Trafford this morning to collect the new Model Y.

what a crap journey over, it’s only 35 miles but took over 2 hours due to fog and a lane closure on M62…so we were late but it didn’t matter.

really impressed with the hand over in so far as deletion of the outgoing M3, transfer of my info to the new car etc. it kind of just happened, I didn’t have to do anything!

out to the car, look round and a couple of minor blemishes on drivers passenger door - some sticky stuff probably residue of protective covering used in transportation. Didn’t bother to report it as car is in for pro polishing and ceramic coating in a couple of weeks and it can be sorted then.

as expected, no USS. Looks like old cameras but I can’t be sure, they seem to give a clear enough picture anyway. Type 2 and granny cable, parcel shelf, warning triangle and tow hook all in the frunk (shown on screen now as boot 👏🏻👏🏻) . 52% charge and 5 miles on the clock.

set off and stopped as planned at Birch Services for Greggs and a coffee, by the time we got there (13 miles) everything was calibrated.

this time we opted for the white interior and I am delighted with that decision. Looks great imho.

sat in the back once we got home, I hadn’t realised how much room there is in the back!

overall well happy, looking forward to a 500+ mile round trip to Scotland at the weekend.

gratuitous proud new owner picture below🤣

View attachment 879410
White interior - agreed; five months and still delighted with the decision particularly as Tesla dropped the partially white door liner as seen on early US Ys.

Reactions: Fat Wolfie