Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile service excellent. Arrived on time, removed door card and replaced clips and tidied up some cabling. Put in some foam tape stuff to damper any further vibrations and was away in 45mins or so. For all the moaning I hear re. service and support you really can't pick the bones out of that can you?
I also have a small rattle in the rear left door speaker at certain bass frequencies. It’s not a huge annoying but annoying enough to want to get it fixed. Glad to hear they can fix it remotely and will look to do so in the new year. Was the quote reasonable?

I also have a small rattle in the rear left door speaker at certain bass frequencies. It’s not a huge annoying but annoying enough to want to get it fixed. Glad to hear they can fix it remotely and will look to do so in the new year. Was the quote reasonable?
Bit of an obvious one, but just in case. Have you checked nobody has left something in the door pocket that’s rattling?

Just come off the Tesla owners club forum. Delighted to see the litany of positive Tesla Service experiences. However, a lot of complaints concerning ICE cars blocking Tesla SUCs.
Possibly not a well thought out decision by Elon.

Ok lads. A post I didn’t want to make.
We got the car in September 2022. We’ve done 11,600 miles in 7 months. Mrs T on the commute.

Today I was involved in a freak road traffic collision.
A car towing a caravan in the opposite direction had the caravan detach and cross the carriageway hitting me in the Tesla 😢

Luckily it was only a glancing blow at 30mph and everyone was ok. The caravan then crashed into the car behind me.

Teslacam recorded it perfectly and the police were grateful for the footage.

Pic of my drivers side rear:
1682714022115.jpeg

1682714061361.jpeg

Any approved body shop recommendations for East Yorkshire or Leeds area?

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
@QuanTim @Wattsisname @Frizzy @Darreno @Mr Miserable @teamblue20 @NP90 @Utumno
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds

We got the car in September 2022. We’ve done 11,600 miles in 7 months. Mrs T on the commute.

A car towing a caravan in the opposite direction had the caravan detach and cross the carriageway hitting me in the Tesla 😢

Luckily it was only a glancing blow at 30mph and everyone was ok. The caravan then crashed into the car behind me.

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds
Oh booger,
So sorry Tobes.
What a shock but thank the stars no injuries and hopefully, no battery damage.
As a SW Londoner, I cannot offer any recommendations t'North. ( or even down here really).

I notice, via Google, Master Cars (Birstall) near Leeds, describe themselves as Tesla
approved. As you probably noticed, Tesla's list of approved bodyshops is sparse.

Now then...... always one to find a grain of the positive in any situation (except maybe genocide), SWMBO says " First and foremost, commiserations. On the upside, two points of interest:
1. Mr T will keep us apprised of the repair process, everything crossed for that, which will be valuable info.
2. It will be fun to read the loony contributions from those who blame the accident on Tesla.😀

All the best mate.

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds
Omg Tobes! That pains me to read and see that, but I’m glad that everyone is ok!

Hopefully you can get it fixed to better than new and go back to enjoying the blue beast.

Keep us posted on the progress.

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

What a horrible and unlucky thing to happen to you. Best wishes for a speedy and painless repair.

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds
Damn it @Toblerone thats sad news.

Reactions: Toblerone

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds
That sucks pal, glad everyone OK!

Reactions: Toblerone

View attachment 932777

View attachment 932779

Tagging a few 2022 OGs:
& uncle @GeorgeSymonds
Any progress on the repair mate?

Any progress on the repair mate?
Damage has been assessed and Insurer have approved the repair.
Parts were ordered and one part was on back order which they should have just received. So the repair is about to be underway.

In the meantime I’m rolling in a Volvo XC90. An absolute luxury tank with buttery smooth air suspension and cooling seats but no real performance.
The lane keep assist and adaptive cruise is at least as good as the Tesla. Certainly smoother when centering in the lane when being reengaged etc.
The birds eye view parking camera is also neat.

Damage has been assessed and Insurer have approved the repair.
Parts were ordered and one part was on back order which they should have just received. So the repair is about to be underway.

In the meantime I’m rolling in a Volvo XC90. An absolute luxury tank with buttery smooth air suspension and cooling seats but no real performance.
The lane keep assist and adaptive cruise is at least as good as the Tesla. Certainly smoother when centering in the lane when being reengaged etc.
The birds eye view parking camera is also neat.
It takes a while but pleased to hear that work is soon to commence.
Are you being seduced by the Vovo?
Not two words I ever imagined in the same sentence: seduced and Volvo unless accompanied by " in a..."
Keep us informed.

Reactions: WllXM