Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

qTes.la

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great except that, in my car at least, the clock is one hour fast.

Where are you located?

- - - Updated - - -

I settled on openchargemaps.org non North-America locations .. it's the most comprehensive worldwide and works "ok" in the browser. Here is the URL I'm using:
http://openchargemap.org/api/widgets/map/?maptitle=Map%20of%20Charging%2...
If there is a way to pass Lat/Long, trigger geolocation automatically, or get bigger buttons, let me know. Here is their API page: http://openchargemap.org/site/develop
Also here is their web app page, but it doesn't seem to work through frames in my site: http://openchargemap.org/app

That explains it, Thanks for clarification. I am on 5.8.8, is there anyway, I can pull 5.9 or the only way to get 5.9 is to wait for firmware upgrade notification from Tesla?

You should be able to bring it in to the service center so they can upgrade it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Denver metro, but I'm still waiting for 5.9...

Well there you go :) Feel free to bug your service center to upgrade you ;)

Jared,
I am finding this to be a real "go to" app for my Tesla and really appreciate the work you've put into it. That said, I have some points/problems/issues I'd like to point out. Perhaps they've been pointed out previously and/or you're aware...if so, I apologize and please ignore.

1)The main thing I go to the site for, usually, is the Radar. Unfortunately it may be the most wonky bit of the app. it is nearly impossible to tell, from the thumbnails, which region is which unless there is obvious coast line. I'm in the Midwest and the only chance I have of hitting the right one is by identifying a distinct cloud formation on the full US map and then finding it on the thumbnails. Can they be labeled?
2)Again, with the radar, when you do open a radar image it is cropped in the half-screen. I can open to full to view, but if I want to keep it open while accessing other features I again lose it. I can try to scroll up, but that never seems to work and just causes the site to kind of crash and lock up.
3)I had an issue the other day when viewing radar where I tried to go back, then hit home and had partial screens of the home page on the left, that was unusable, and radar on the right, that was unusable...no amount of refreshing or hitting of the home buttons fixed that. Finally had to go to a whole new web site, load it, then go back to qtes.la.

I think there are a few other things...the news feed can be wonky. But I dont' use it a lot.

Jared,
I am finding this to be a real "go to" app for my Tesla and really appreciate the work you've put into it. That said, I have some points/problems/issues I'd like to point out. Perhaps they've been pointed out previously and/or you're aware...if so, I apologize and please ignore.

1)The main thing I go to the site for, usually, is the Radar. Unfortunately it may be the most wonky bit of the app. it is nearly impossible to tell, from the thumbnails, which region is which unless there is obvious coast line. I'm in the Midwest and the only chance I have of hitting the right one is by identifying a distinct cloud formation on the full US map and then finding it on the thumbnails. Can they be labeled?
2)Again, with the radar, when you do open a radar image it is cropped in the half-screen. I can open to full to view, but if I want to keep it open while accessing other features I again lose it. I can try to scroll up, but that never seems to work and just causes the site to kind of crash and lock up.
3)I had an issue the other day when viewing radar where I tried to go back, then hit home and had partial screens of the home page on the left, that was unusable, and radar on the right, that was unusable...no amount of refreshing or hitting of the home buttons fixed that. Finally had to go to a whole new web site, load it, then go back to qtes.la.

I think there are a few other things...the news feed can be wonky. But I dont' use it a lot.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'm in the process of trying to get the whole web app rewritten and redesigned. It's taking quite awhile since I am recruiting help with the more advanced web infrastructure and doing it in my spare time.

I will consider removeing the gif radar loops completely and use geolocation with dynamic loops from an API. This is how the site works outside of the US (but the API costs me money). I can at least consider center-scaling instead of center-cropping the loops, or allow scrolling somehow, but the tesla browser basically doesn't support touch-scrolling of embedded scrollviews.

The scrolling on the browser is pretty terrible in general. I have had other people reboot the computer to improve the web browser (holding down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel).

Cheers,
Jared

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'm in the process of trying to get the whole web app rewritten and redesigned. It's taking quite awhile since I am recruiting help with the more advanced web infrastructure and doing it in my spare time.

I will consider removeing the gif radar loops completely and use geolocation with dynamic loops from an API. This is how the site works outside of the US (but the API costs me money). I can at least consider center-scaling instead of center-cropping the loops, or allow scrolling somehow, but the tesla browser basically doesn't support touch-scrolling of embedded scrollviews.

The scrolling on the browser is pretty terrible in general. I have had other people reboot the computer to improve the web browser (holding down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel).

Cheers,
Jared
Thanks Jared, I don't wish for my concern to be seen as a complaint, just a data point. I appreciate your hard work on this and realize there are costs and time issues and that you have other priorities. I still think it's a great idea and hope it continues to grow and improve.