Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday is the Drive Electric Week event in Galena. If anyone else from the Quad Cities is planning to attend and would like to meet up and drive up as a group, I'm planning to be at the SC / Hy-Vee in Davenport early that morning and plan to leave from there around 6:15. That should give plenty of time to make a quick stop at the Dubuque SC, leaving there at 7:30 to be to Galena by 8:00.

I'm not sure if I'll make it to the local Drive Electric Week on Sunday.

Saturday is the Drive Electric Week event in Galena. If anyone else from the Quad Cities is planning to attend and would like to meet up and drive up as a group, I'm planning to be at the SC / Hy-Vee in Davenport early that morning and plan to leave from there around 6:15. That should give plenty of time to make a quick stop at the Dubuque SC, leaving there at 7:30 to be to Galena by 8:00.

I'm not sure if I'll make it to the local Drive Electric Week on Sunday.
Have a great time and take some pics if you can!

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go, that would make 3 car shows, a car show at work tomorrow and then this event and the quadcities event. If I do get there I will try and meet up with you at the Dubuque supercharger. If not, like lovesword said, we need pictures.

• Love
Reactions: TQCLove
I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go, that would make 3 car shows, a car show at work tomorrow and then this event and the quadcities event. If I do get there I will try and meet up with you at the Dubuque supercharger. If not, like lovesword said, we need pictures.
Very cool! If you do make it up there, you’ll be meeting up with not just @midwestLemur but Paul, the founder of Tesla Owners Club Iowa and my friend Dan (whom you met at Hyvee at the Tesla demo event). Dan is going up tomorrow and staying.

Also, THANK YOU for all your support and effort. I really appreciate it @Silvwarrior

• Love
Reactions: Silvwarrior
Had a pretty good time up in Galena over the weekend, and turn out was good with a number of other members of the Iowa Tesla owners club turning up. At least 7 Model 3s including 2 performance versions, a Model S, a Leaf, a Volt, 2 Bolts, a Kona PHEV, and a Toyota hybrid SUV.

IMG_00041.jpg

First time I'd used the Dubuque SC, the location is really convenient from the Iowa side, also first time I was billed since my free period expired. A whole $1.50!

Galena is sadly pretty short on parking and charging locations, but the drive south from there on the Illinois side is a real highlight of the trip.

• Love
Had a pretty good time up in Galena over the weekend, and turn out was good with a number of other members of the Iowa Tesla owners club turning up. At least 7 Model 3s including 2 performance versions, a Model S, a Leaf, a Volt, 2 Bolts, a Kona PHEV, and a Toyota hybrid SUV.

View attachment 456123

First time I'd used the Dubuque SC, the location is really convenient from the Iowa side, also first time I was billed since my free period expired. A whole $1.50!

Galena is sadly pretty short on parking and charging locations, but the drive south from there on the Illinois side is a real highlight of the trip.
NICE!!! Thank you @midwestLemur for the pic. So awesome to see the Tesla Owners Club Iowa represented so well. I see you, @Silvwarrior , Dan and Paul in the picture. So awesome for you all to get over to Galena. Hope you had a great time.

I heard the Davenport event went pretty well too. Hoping to see some pics from there too, soon.
I feel so left out, LOL!!!

Reactions: Silvwarrior
This was the best meetup we’ve had locally so far! FIVE Teslas with 6 people came out to this morning’s Cars and Coffee in LeClaire, IA. We all chatted with each other and with owners of others cars... there were some amazing vehicles there, including a one of a kind Mustang completely customized by Rousch... insane. There was another Mustang that was white with black accents (the stormtrooper look) that I was enamored with and it has me considering a chrome delete! One of the Tesla owners came all the way from LaSalle-Peru to take part, which is about 1.5 hours away! Very nice to meet him and see his customized silver P3D ... I think he has affectionately named it Donkey Puncher! Lol

Some pictures here:
Tesla Quad Cities on Instagram: “Had an amazing time in LeClaire,IA. at the Cars and Coffee get together this morning! Thanks to all that came out and joined in on the…”

Reactions: jgillispie
Name change secured! Thank you to the TMC team for their swift response!

Decided to change up my name here and elsewhere. It’s still same old me though, just a new name. Wanted to post this in case anyone wants to tag me here.

Also found out that there is a minimum of 5 characters allowed for a username here, thus why my name here is now different than on T.O.O.

EDIT: more info here https://www.teslaquadcities.com/post/tesla-quad-cities-is-growing

Forgot to post in this forum that we’ve started a Slack workspace for Tesla Quad Cities! If you’re in the Quad Cities, the surrounding areas (or even the extended surrounding areas... like, out to even Iowa City, Clinton, Peoria, etc.) and you would like to join us for Tesla chats, discussions on meets ups and planning them, and just to have a place to let our Tesla enthusiasm out of its cage, please JOIN US!!!
It’s a closed group so I’ll need you to contact me via email to send an invite: [email protected]

I picked Slack because all you need is an email to create an account, you can download the app from Google Play or the App Store or access it from within a browser. Also liked that it doesn't require a phone number as I’m aware that some don’t want to just put their phone numbers out there for all to see (like with WhatsApp for example).

Have a great weekend everyone.

THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS!!!

So I am new to the group and hoping to get some early help. Sorry if this has been posted else where or earlier...I had a small accident with my Model 3 and broke the front bumper. Does anyone know if any of the body shops in the QCA are Tesla certified or is this something that must be repaired in Des Moines or Chicago. Thanks!!! Brian Richards

So I am new to the group and hoping to get some early help. Sorry if this has been posted else where or earlier...I had a small accident with my Model 3 and broke the front bumper. Does anyone know if any of the body shops in the QCA are Tesla certified or is this something that must be repaired in Des Moines or Chicago. Thanks!!! Brian Richards
Howdy Brian, I think it would mean some traveling... Tesla’s website has a page on it where you can look for body shops here:
Body Shop Support

I put in LeClaire and unfortunately every one of them is near Chicago... with the oddity of one in North Carolina which is clearly erroneous!!!
You might try scheduling through the phone app and see if it’s something mobile could take care of. If the front bumper is broken, that would seemingly mean an entire front bumper replacement... which would seem something mobile could do. But I’m certainly no expert. Worth a shot in my opinion though!

Welcome to the forum! Wish your first post was under better circumstances!

Howdy Brian, I think it would mean some traveling... Tesla’s website has a page on it where you can look for body shops here:
Body Shop Support

I put in LeClaire and unfortunately every one of them is near Chicago... with the oddity of one in North Carolina which is clearly erroneous!!!
You might try scheduling through the phone app and see if it’s something mobile could take care of. If the front bumper is broken, that would seemingly mean an entire front bumper replacement... which would seem something mobile could do. But I’m certainly no expert. Worth a shot in my opinion though!

Welcome to the forum! Wish your first post was under better circumstances!

I agree with this reply. I had someone back into my front end of my first S that included breaking the plastic clip that mounted my headlight. It looked like very minor damage that could almost be buffed out (less than $1k, IMHO). I had to go to Rockford to find the closest Tesla-approved body shop. They did a perfect job, and $4,500 ended up getting billed to the other driver’s State Farm policy. This occurred when CA had the wildfires near Tesla’s Fremont HQ in Dec 2017, so parts were slow going out. Not to scare you, but it took 33 days in total! Here’s the good news...since State Farm refused to simply cut me a check for the estimate of $4k in damage (their SF estimator thought it should be $2k using Quad Cities labor rates, which were moot since we don’t have any body shops approved to obtain Tesla OEM parts), they had agreed to pay me $200/day for my loss of use. (This was a unique circumstance because I held commercial insurance and used my S for chauffeured service as part of my limo business.) I strongly encouraged SF to simply cut me the $4k check directly, but they refused and insisted on the Rockford repair. State Farm estimated a 4-day repair, which turned into 33 days...so they ended up cutting me a $6,600 loss of use check! FYSA, we have a Model 3 and S available for rent during your repair, if your insurance company (for whomever was at fault) covers a rental from the same manufacturer (State Farm did). We also have cheaper green options - a Cadillac ELR and Chevy Volt :)

Attachments

• 3DA30AC4-C64E-499E-85E7-66C18AABBF8E.jpeg
    3DA30AC4-C64E-499E-85E7-66C18AABBF8E.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Love