Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mum just sent me this. Townsville. It's at Iga supermarket at the University. Right near the highway. Will get more pics tomorrow
Resized_20180110_170720.jpeg

Semi-related: how do you use these things i.e. are they all different cards required? I see the veefil ones are the same brand but there’s NRMA ones and Qld elec hw ones so do you need different cards/apps?

At the moment you don’t need anything. Just plug in and charge. The Queensland Government has stated that they will be free for the first year. Presumably a payment system will be implemented late this year or early next.

Same with the current NRMA charger. The NRMA have stated that their network will be free for members (and presumably pay for others). They will need to implement some sort of account system at some point.

The ActewAGL chargers in the ACT require an account. You are provided with an RFID card and billing is to a linked credit card.

Thanks Chuq, good to see the progress! Looking forward to NRMA completing theirs. Also looking forward to a road trip to QLD once I get a Tesla!

Not sure if Mr Paul Turner (RACQ) has been misquoted, is misinformed or he misspoke but given NSW has had 404 new Tesla’s registrations in the first 9 months (full 2017 hopefully coming soon) I guess there is a lot more than “fewer than 300 (fully electric cars) were sold in Australia last year”. I am guessing he is referring to non Tesla EV sales or maybe QLD only.

source table124_2017.html.

I really wish Tesla would publish a country breakdown at least once a year so these incorrect numbers could be definitively corrected.

Thanks Chuq, good to see the progress! Looking forward to NRMA completing theirs. Also looking forward to a road trip to QLD once I get a Tesla!

Not sure if Mr Paul Turner (RACQ) has been misquoted, is misinformed or he misspoke but given NSW has had 404 new Tesla’s registrations in the first 9 months (full 2017 hopefully coming soon) I guess there is a lot more than “fewer than 300 (fully electric cars) were sold in Australia last year”. I am guessing he is referring to non Tesla EV sales or maybe QLD only.

source table124_2017.html.

I really wish Tesla would publish a country breakdown at least once a year so these incorrect numbers could be definitively corrected.
These numbers come from vfacts (Home | Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries) and Tesla doesn't subscribe. Just indicates lazy or ignorant person.

Reactions: LGGD
They had a display at the AEVA expo in Brisbane last November and were talking to some people there about a phase 2 coming up where regions would get to pitch for a tender process. Since then I've checked their website periodically and not found anything. And Warwick doesn't really fit on any of the western highways... The more the merrier of course. And Warwick opens up more options for touring for sure.

They had a display at the AEVA expo in Brisbane last November and were talking to some people there about a phase 2 coming up where regions would get to pitch for a tender process. Since then I've checked their website periodically and not found anything. And Warwick doesn't really fit on any of the western highways... The more the merrier of course. And Warwick opens up more options for touring for sure.
Warwick is on the New England (15) Highway; possibly to connect with the NRMA network.

Queensland's electric super highway to expand to over 50 electric car chargers | The Driven

A LinkedIn post issued last week by Yurika, broke the news last week:

The world’s longest Electric Super Highway already stretches form Cairns to Coolangatta to Toowoomba with 17 EV charging stations.

We’re now working with Department of Transport and Main Roads to finalise the development of Phase 2 which will increase the number of EV charging stations to over 50 across Queensland!